Options

Cisco BCMSN Command Reference: error?

ccnpninjaccnpninja Member Posts: 1,010 ■■■□□□□□□□
Hi networkers,
Does anybody have used that book? I think there's a typo in the "Configuration example: InterVLAN Communication" exercice, page 48.
If you take a look at it, L2Switch2 has 4 VLANs in the 172.16.x.0/24 network. But the workstations have IP addresses that belong to the 192.168.x.0 network.
Besides, subinterfaces on the CORP router have 192.168.x.0 network addresses.
Any idea?

Comments

• Options
    miller811miller811 Member Posts: 897
    ccnpninja wrote: »
    Hi networkers,
    Does anybody have used that book? I think there's a typo in the "Configuration example: InterVLAN Communication" exercice, page 48.
    If you take a look at it, L2Switch2 has 4 VLANs in the 172.16.x.0/24 network. But the workstations have IP addresses that belong to the 192.168.x.0 network.
    Any idea?

icon_cry.gifAn error in a Cisco book.... blasphemy.....icon_redface.gif

Having read tons of them, they are littered with errors,
    I recently responded to Cisco on some errors on the section tests in the latest ARCH book I purchased....

Since the book did not come with a copy on CD, I asked how they get revised. There response was disregard those questions, and they will be corrected on the next printing.

Lots of luck......
    I don't claim to be an expert, but I sure would like to become one someday.

Quest for 11K pages read in 2011
    Page Count total to date - 1283
  • Options
    acidsatyracidsatyr Member Posts: 111
    ccnpninja wrote: »
    Hi networkers,
    Any idea?

yeah, the clouds down seem wrong, should be 192.168.x.x.
    As previous post hinted, don't take anything for granted in cisco books, lol. Always check another source.
  • Options
    Thanks for the input. I sent an email to the feedback team. I hope they'll take it into consideration, and maybe send me a free copy of their upcoming book ;)
  • Options
    mikej412mikej412 Member Posts: 10,086 ■■■■■■■■■■
    You can check for any book changes/fixes/updates (errata) on the book's web page on the Cisco Press web site.

The BCMSN Portable Command Guide errata (click on Errata to show the download link) only contains two fixes, one on page 6 and one on page 15.
    :mike: Cisco Certifications -- Collect the Entire Set!
  • Options
    yep. I sent them the email after checking their errata. And yet, the errata contains spelling errors :)