Options

Passed ICND1 - 640-822

dublinguydublinguy Member Posts: 22 ■□□□□□□□□□
Passed the exam with 910 marks :), Thanks to all on this board, its good resource for sharing, below is the material used. now looking forward for the second.

CBT nuggets
Odom,
Packet Tracer 5
GNS3

Comments

• Options
    captobviouscaptobvious Member Posts: 648
    Great score. icon_cheers.gif

So you've celebrated all ready? drunken_smilie.gif

Now on to ICND 2! icon_study.gif
  • Options
    mikej412mikej412 Member Posts: 10,086 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Congratulations! icon_cheers.gif

Good Luck with your ICND2 studies icon_study.gif
    :mike: Cisco Certifications -- Collect the Entire Set!
  • Options
    peteralfpeteralf Member Posts: 5 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Congrats to passing.
    On the ICND1 exam is a MS scientific calculator provided to figure out subnetting questions?
    I've purchased a Catalyst 2950 switchv12.1, Catalyst 2900, and a Catalyst 3500xl switch and a Cisco 2514 router, does that sound about right to you for the exam?
  • Options
    LT72884LT72884 Member Posts: 31 ■■□□□□□□□□
    peteralf wrote: »
    Congrats to passing.
    On the ICND1 exam is a MS scientific calculator provided to figure out subnetting questions?
    I've purchased a Catalyst 2950 switchv12.1, Catalyst 2900, and a Catalyst 3500xl switch and a Cisco 2514 router, does that sound about right to you for the exam?

last time i took the exam there was no cal. BUT write this chart down and ill help you with it
  • Options
    dublinguydublinguy Member Posts: 22 ■□□□□□□□□□
    peteralf wrote: »
    Congrats to passing.

Thanks peteralf,
    No there were no calculator provided for subnetting, I went hard on Subnetting during my preparation because every one was saying ICND1 is subnetting and subnetting, http://www.techexams.net/forums/ccna-ccent/38772-subnetting-made-easy.html this is the way i worked at the end.
    During the exam first thing i did made the chart with the bit numbers to figure out for the subnetting.

Regarding the kit, yes that looks ok to me, I only had one Switch 2950, so got myself aware with the IOS by playing on switch. Also used the Packet Tracer 5 and GNS3 for configuring DHCP,Port Security and other bits.

Hope this helps.
  • Options
    mamonomamono Member Posts: 776 ■■□□□□□□□□
  • Options
    NetwurkNetwurk Member Posts: 1,155 ■■■■■□□□□□
    Congrats

As others have said, you don't get a calculator but you should get a white board and marker.

Good luck with the next one!

:)