70-400 next on my list

Stef6707Stef6707 Member Posts: 17 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hi all,

I'm currently studying for the 70-400 exam, System Center Operation Manager. I'm spitting through this enormous manual "system center operations manager 2007 unleashed". Been working a couple of years with mom versions 2000 and 2005.

Anyone out there who has done this test? What kind of preparation did you use?

Thanks

Comments

• gandalphgandalph Member Posts: 33 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Stef6707 wrote: »
    Hi all,

I'm currently studying for the 70-400 exam, System Center Operation Manager. I'm spitting through this enormous manual "system center operations manager 2007 unleashed". Been working a couple of years with mom versions 2000 and 2005.

Anyone out there who has done this test? What kind of preparation did you use?

Thanks

I done this exam last week it is not too difficult if you know your way around, I used cbt nuggets and MOC book and set up my own lab machines, as long as you get plenty of lab practice in you should be okay.
    obesa cantavit

certs: MCITP (7 and Vista),MCTS,MCSE,MCSA,MCDST,CCAI,A+,Network+,Server+
  • stupidboystupidboy Member Posts: 470
    I am looking to take this 70-400 exam as the SCVMM (70-403 that I have just passed) exam touched on integrating the two and it seems as though I have ignored Microsoft's own monitoring tool for a number of years :)

I've not worked with MOM for a few years and even then my exposure was minimal.

I have access to the CBT nuggets (bless my company and their streaming licenses) and I will lab the install up on my little labs machine. However, I cannot find any good reading (the unleashed book is massive and has put me off even trying to read it) ... any suggestions?

TIA - Stupidboy.
  • MentholMooseMentholMoose Member Posts: 1,525 ■■■■■■■■□□
    stupidboy wrote: »
    I have access to the CBT nuggets (bless my company and their streaming licenses) and I will lab the install up on my little labs machine. However, I cannot find any good reading (the unleashed book is massive and has put me off even trying to read it) ... any suggestions?

TIA - Stupidboy.
    Maybe check out the Sybex book, it's much shorter than the Sams book:

Mastering System Center Operations Manager 2007

I haven't read either so I can't give a recommendation other than I've always been satisfied with Sybex books in general.
    MentholMoose
    MCSA 2003, LFCS, LFCE (expired), VCP6-DCV
  • AshenweltAshenwelt Member Posts: 266 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I have my test scheduled for the beginning of Dec. Passed 70-401 and 70-403. I pass four and I have the whole set:)

This is however, an incredibly important tool that keeps getting overlooked.
    Ashenwelt
    -Always working on something...
    -The RepAdmin Active Directory Blog
    Ashenwelt wrote: »
    I have my test scheduled for the beginning of Dec. Passed 70-401 and 70-403. I pass four and I have the whole set:)

This is however, an incredibly important tool that keeps getting overlooked.

Good luck for December.

WOW with the whole set you are primed for that MCITP if they ever relase it ;)

I am trying to line up an attempt for next week for me, however, I have not had as much lab time as I would have liked so that might rule me out yet.

So far I have watched the CBT Nuggets and have been working on the Technet Virtual Labs for SCOM. What resources are you using to study?
    I am using unleashed, lab and in industry use. And looking for more:)

I am actually not as concerned for SCOM. SCDPM actually has me concerned, because I see an INCREDIBLE market for it.

But I am halfway to the four:)

* Add one vote for a return of MCITP Operations Manager
    Ashenwelt
    Ashenwelt wrote: »
    I am using unleashed, lab and in industry use. And looking for more:)

I ran away screaming from the unleased book, way to big for me ;)

I am lacking in real world exposure at the moment and was hoping that running through the certification would give me enough infromation to implement in a pilot and prove a use case. I am using the Technet Virtaul Labs for SCOM and they have been good so far and helping fill in the gaps.

I tried to book my exam via Prometric earlier today, all looked usual and it errored at the last as it does sometimes but no email and nothing in my Candidate History. I assume that it has not booked me a slot or maybe it has and is going to supprise me later icon_sad.gif
    Prometric has the buggiest site that I know of being actually used. I would just rebook, personally. It has sometimes taken me three or four tries.
    Ashenwelt
  • coolz203coolz203 Member Posts: 73 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I am planning to take this exam soon. I work SCOM on a daily basis and I have been using transcenders. The SCOM 2007 unleashed is a great book it you are a SCOM admin, maybe not the best study guide.
  • ccnxjrccnxjr Member Posts: 304 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Just wondering if i can use SQL SERVER 2008 R2 EXPRESS as opposed to the full blown SQL Server 2008 R2
    edit, I'm trying to get to know SCOM 2007, and since i need an instance of SQL server running, was just wondering I can sub SQL Server express instead of the full SQL Server
  • jibbajabbajibbajabba Member Posts: 4,317 ■■■■■■■■□□
    My own knowledge base made public: http://open902.com :p