Options

Finally passed ICND2

SrAtechieSrAtechie Member Posts: 150 ■□□□□□□□□□
I haven't checked in for a while, but I had to come back to say I finally passed ICND2. It kind of sucked because I originally took it in October, then stopped studying because I moved states, changed jobs, had other random family things going on, etc. so I didn't get back on the cert trail until mid-January. I retook it again in mid-March and failed with a 794. Went back and reviewed for two weeks and (using the comeback2009 promo) used my free retake... and scored exactly the same. My percentages were also the same. I could not believe that after two weeks of review and having a different test that it was possible to have the same exact outcome. I was flabbergasted. It took me a week to sort it out in my head, especially because the test seemed much easier the second time around. So I rescheduled it again (hoping that it was a fluke) and took it yesterday and put it to bed with an 890. The third test was MUCH harder than the other two and I had maybe 6-7 questions to go with a minute left. I'm not going to even try to say I'm not happy with the score knowing that I was cutting it THAT close. :)
Anyway, on to happier stuff. To prep for this test, I used Cisco Press ICND2 and the cisco website as my primary sources. I had CBTNuggets (gift from my wife) and Trainsignal (gift from myself) DVD's to watch at work during lunch and also on my laptop while waiting for my kids to finish their various activities. Also had a lab with 2 2950's, 2 2610's and 2 2501's that I pretty much beat up. All of the resources were well used and I can honestly say I needed all of them to make it through. Now the next difficult decision on the horizon is to start with BSCI, BCMSN, or go for one of the CCNA electives.
Working on: Linux+, CCNP:Switch

Comments

• Options
    KaminskyKaminsky Member Posts: 1,235
    Well Done. Congratulations.
    Kam.
  • Options
    mikej412mikej412 Member Posts: 10,086 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Congratulations! icon_cheers.gif

I've found drunken_smilie.gif helps in the selection of the next certification. :D
    :mike: Cisco Certifications -- Collect the Entire Set!
  • Options
    SrAtechieSrAtechie Member Posts: 150 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Funny you should mention that. I'm headed over to Morton's with my buddies here at work for lunch. I was planning to consult the "spirits" for some divine help but I think I'll let the "brew" give me some inspiration first! Crap. Now I've got another dilemma. Does Guinness go better with the T-bone? Or maybe some Sam's. Maybe a microbrew... Shoot. I think that'll be a harder decision than choosing my next exam!
    Working on: Linux+, CCNP:Switch
  • Options
    SlowhandSlowhand Mod Posts: 5,161 Mod
    Congratulations on the pass! icon_thumright.gif
    mikej412 wrote: »
    I've found drunken_smilie.gif helps in the selection of the next certification. :D
    Have you been spying on me, Mike? icon_lol.gif

Free Microsoft Training: Microsoft Learn
    Free PowerShell Resources: Top PowerShell Blogs
    Free DevOps/Azure Resources: Visual Studio Dev Essentials

Let it never be said that I didn't do the very least I could do.
  • Options
    TravR1TravR1 Member Posts: 332
    A dark brew for a red meat... absolutely !
    Austin Community College, certificate of completion: C++ Programming.
    Sophomore - Computer Science, Mathematics
  • Options
    mikej412mikej412 Member Posts: 10,086 ■■■■■■■■■■
    SrAtechie wrote: »
    Does Guinness go better with the T-bone?
    I like to think that everything goes better with Guinness -- but I haven't gotten up the nerve to try Guinness in my morning cereal (instead of milk).

I will say that Guinness has been there for me to help make my next certification exam decisions easier.
    :mike: Cisco Certifications -- Collect the Entire Set!
  • Options
    runsshrunssh Member Posts: 37 ■■□□□□□□□□
  • Options
    NetwurkNetwurk Member Posts: 1,155 ■■■■■□□□□□
    As an Irish American I gotta love all the Guiness toasts

drunken_smilie.gif

Congrats!!!!

icon_mrgreen.gif
  • Options
    runsshrunssh Member Posts: 37 ■■□□□□□□□□
  • Options
    Morty3Morty3 Member Posts: 139
    Congrats!!

And OFC you shall go for BCMSN and then CCDA! :P
    CCNA, CCNA:Sec, Net+, Sonicwall Admin (fwiw). Constantly getting into new stuff.
  • Options
    wtf007wtf007 Member Posts: 13 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Congrats
    A+ (2003 Objectives): March 2009.
    Network+ (2007 Objectives): April 2009.
    Going for CCNA.
  • Options
    rfult001rfult001 Member Posts: 407
    mikej412 wrote: »
    I like to think that everything goes better with Guinness -- but I haven't gotten up the nerve to try Guinness in my morning cereal (instead of milk).

I will say that Guinness has been there for me to help make my next certification exam decisions easier.

It's not that bad, and loads better than Budweiser in your Corn Flakes... :D
  • Options
    mamonomamono Member Posts: 776 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Congrats! :) So many people getting their CCNA!
  • Options
    captobviouscaptobvious Member Posts: 648