Options

Scholarships in IT

veritas_libertasveritas_libertas Member Posts: 5,746 ■■■■■■■■■■
Hello Everyone,

Is anyone familiar with scholarships or grants for IT students? I have surfed around the Internet, and only seen a few (Many which I don't qualify for icon_sad.gif.) I am getting ready to move on to my Bachelor degree, and am being reminding of how much costs go up with 4 year schools icon_rolleyes.gif.

Comments

• Options
    brad-brad- Member Posts: 1,218
    I think anyone with a low income is eligible for a PELL grant.

Aside from that, any university scholarship for high GPA's, high ACT/SAT scores.

IT specific scholarships depend on your university.
  • Options
    msethkmsethk Member Posts: 53 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Hello Everyone,

Is anyone familiar with scholarships or grants for IT students? I have surfed around the Internet, and only seen a few (Many which I don't qualify for icon_sad.gif.) I am getting ready to move on to my Bachelor degree, and am being reminding of how much costs go up with 4 year schools icon_rolleyes.gif.

Try applying for financial aid even if you don't think you will get anything. You'll be suprised at what you can get out of it!
  • Options
    12mcken12mcken Member Posts: 65 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I’m not sure if they still offer it but it doesn't hurt to ask around or talk to the financial aid dept. You might be eligible to get a student grant. When I attended Wayne State Univ in Detroit for my B.A in the Computer Science program they offered it to me. At that time, I was living at home and working a co-op JOB.