Who is the youngest MCP?

jcourtenayjcourtenay Inactive Imported Users Posts: 38 ■■□□□□□□□□
I wonder just who is the youngest MCP?

I'm 14, apart from some 8-year-old from India, i think i could be the youngest.

Is there any MCP younger than 8?
John Courtenay
MCP,MCSA,MCSE(Windows 2000)(210,215,216,217,218,219,220)
Aiming for MCSE 2003 by end of 2006
http://www.jc-hosting.co.uk/refer.php?id=techexams

Comments

• sir_creamy_sir_creamy_ Inactive Imported Users Posts: 298
    im 6
    Bachelor of Computer Science

[Forum moderators are my friends]
  • JSW77JSW77 Member Posts: 46 ■■□□□□□□□□
  • DisleyDisley Member Posts: 13 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Surely there are more fun things to be doing at 14 :P

Go grab a beer, some mates and get some sun ^^
  • 2lazybutsmart2lazybutsmart Member Posts: 1,119
    JSW77 wrote:
    Im 2. I win. icon_lol.gif

Do you know what winning means in the first place?? icon_lol.gif

It's kind of strange, but I wouldn't be surprised if I saw a 6 year old with an MCP.

I think there should be a ban on underage candidates. I'm still one of those people who subscribe to the notion that kids should be left alone to play. You don't accomplish anything by having your child finish high school at 13. And I do know people who have had their child finish school at that early age.

Life is strange, but then, so is death.
    icon_rolleyes.gif
    2lbs.
    Exquisite as a lily, illustrious as a full moon,
    Magnanimous as the ocean, persistent as time.
  • garv221garv221 Member Posts: 1,914
    14...Too young...Never forget about fun & women....
  • WebmasterWebmaster Admin Posts: 10,292 Admin
    garv221 wrote:
    14...Too young...Never forget about fun & women....
    Who needs fun and women if you can have certifications and computers running a MS OS? icon_wink.gif
    I doubt it, it seems likely there is an MCP between 8 and 14 somewhere...

Don't get me wrong, I have nothing against young people getting certs (same goes for fun and women though), you take the same test as anyone else and I probably would have done the same if I had that chance at that age... but I noticed you are on your way of becoming an MCSA and MCSE, for Windows 2000, and that made me wonder... do you expect to get a job/go to work while Windows 2000 is still a widely used OS? What are your plans/goals?

If being the youngest MCXX really means something to you, you could go for the MCSA and MCSE upgrade exams when you finished MCSA and MCSE 2000, and then maybe, just maybe, you could be the youngest MCSA 2003 and/or MCSE 2003.
  • wylie24wylie24 Member Posts: 30 ■■□□□□□□□□
    This is just wrong. I agree with 2lazybutsmart, kids need to play. Let them run around and chase the girls or boys...... They have enough to learn as it is, why add learning the ins and outs of Microsoft Windows along with it..... It is not enough that they have to learn to read and write the english (or their native) language, lets confuse them and get them to learn "Techno-Geek" as well. And what good is having the certs at such an early age....You cannot work at that age.... It almost seems like a bragging point for parents... Your kid is a B student in grade 9, good for you, my kid is an MCSA....... WRONG!!!!

Just my opinion...
    Helpful Hint
    > When your brain leaks out of your ears, you need to stop reading and play a game!!!!!!!!!
  • keenonkeenon Member Posts: 1,922 ■■■■□□□□□□
    as i recall there was a mcse in florida a few years ago that was not even 14.. this has been at least 3 years ago i remember seeing/hearing about it on the news
    Become the stainless steel sharp knife in a drawer full of rusty spoons
  • awaisyboyawaisyboy Member Posts: 75 ■■□□□□□□□□
    jcourtenay wrote:
    I wonder just who is the youngest MCP?

Is there any MCP younger than 8?

If u really want to find out write to Microsoft!!
  • tahjzhuantahjzhuan Member Posts: 288 ■■■■□□□□□□
    keenon wrote:
    as i recall there was a mcse in florida a few years ago that was not even 14.. this has been at least 3 years ago i remember seeing/hearing about it on the news

i think i saw that story (or a similar one) on ripleys believe it or not. this kid was a 13 yr old mcse icon_eek.gif

he was on the show because he devised a plan to implant microchips in is family for something...oh yeah, identification purposes
  • keenonkeenon Member Posts: 1,922 ■■■■□□□□□□
    thats where i seen it :D i couldn't remember completely but that was it !
    Become the stainless steel sharp knife in a drawer full of rusty spoons
  • gymboy689gymboy689 Member Posts: 12 ■□□□□□□□□□
    back to the topic...i'm 15 and studying for my a+, but after that i think i'm not gonna get any more certs for a few years
    jeremythegeek.jpg