Options

Beast Slayer

ian gian g Member Posts: 29 ■■□□□□□□□□
icon_cheers.gifPassed 70-291 yesterday with 887. This exam was hard, but I have to say it was nothing compared with the Cisco exams. MS gives you plenty of time and allows you to go back and review your answers. What a luxury.
A couple of tips: MS is now testing WSUS 3, so get familiar with the latest version of WSUS. Also, there were a lot of command line questions, so know nslookup, netsh, dnscmd, netstat etc.
On now to 70-270 and Security+, and that should give me my MCSA.
All I need now is a job!!

Comments

• Options
    dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Congratulations and welcome to the forums!
  • Options
    SlowhandSlowhand Mod Posts: 5,161 Mod
    Congratulations on the pass! icon_thumright.gif

Free Microsoft Training: Microsoft Learn
    Free PowerShell Resources: Top PowerShell Blogs
    Free DevOps/Azure Resources: Visual Studio Dev Essentials

Let it never be said that I didn't do the very least I could do.
  • Options
    Thanks Slowhand,
    I noticed that you've got your Security+. How does that compare to the 291? I was thinking of going there next since it counts as an elective for both MCSA and MCSE.
    Also, how about that BSCI? I'd like to advance in Cisco before my CCNA expires.
  • Options
    BulletzBulletz Member Posts: 159
    Congratulations....mate good work
    Show me the way to go 127.0.0.1
  • Options
    kenny831kenny831 Member Posts: 266
    Congrats. Well done.
  • Options
    RomBUSRomBUS Member Posts: 699 ■■■■□□□□□□
    What is the difference between the old SUS and the new 3.0? Do they ask similar questions or is it something completely different? On my practiice exams they ask SUS questions as well, but they do not say which version the SUS is

Congrats on the pass by the way
  • Options
    JJbiggleJJbiggle Member Posts: 29 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I took the 70-291 this morning myself, I scored 826. I believe the question format has changed there were no 4 paragraph questions. The questions were short and to the point. RRAS, IPSEC, WSUS(a lot), DNS. No subnetting and 1 one sim (Configuring MX records). I found the 290 much more difficult (due to the question format).

Did MS make the 70-291 a little easier?

j
  • Options
    I got the MX records sim too - easy money! I agree, most of the questions were short and sweet - multiple choice. I was kind of suprised since the only practice tests I had seen were the 'Readiness Review Suite' questions that came with the MS press book. These were very wordy and complicated.
  • Options
    RomBUS wrote: »
    What is the difference between the old SUS and the new 3.0? Do they ask similar questions or is it something completely different? On my practiice exams they ask SUS questions as well, but they do not say which version the SUS is

Congrats on the pass by the way

I've never seen the original SUS, but WSUS was a web based interface. You could bring up the administration page in a browser window. I think the current version of WSUS is 3.1. There is no admin web site. Instead, the application opens as a mmc, either standalone or you can add it to a custom console. I believe the scope of offered updates is greater too: You can update almost all MS products from WSUS 3, Office included.
  • Options
    AndretiiAndretii Member Posts: 210
    Congrats on the pass icon_thumright.gif
    XBL: Andretii

"I have 16 Millions different ways of pinging myself. Sounded kind of dirty but that's not how I meant it." J. Conrad

Working on:
    VCP4 » 0%
    LPIC-1 » 0%