Options

Passed 70-290 (14Apr09)

abyss5150abyss5150 Member Posts: 14 ■□□□□□□□□□
Good day all. I managed to pass the 70-290 exam by the hair on my chinny chin chin. Scored a 748/1000. Can't complain though...a pass is a pass. I only used one resource for this exam (TestOut Navigator Stand-Alone Version) and only went through the material one time. It took me about 3days to complete all the video's and do all the simulations. Total study time was only 4days.

Comments

• Options
    brianglbriangl Member Posts: 184 ■■■□□□□□□□
    abyss5150 wrote: »
    Good day all. I managed to pass the 70-290 exam by the hair on my chinny chin chin. Scored a 748/1000. Can't complain though...a pass is a pass. I only used one resource for this exam (TestOut Navigator Stand-Alone Version) and only went through the material one time. It took me about 3days to complete all the video's and do all the simulations. Total study time was only 4days.

That's pretty darn fast. I am using Testout for 70-290 also. I’m also using the MS Press book and have a lab setup in my basement that I will be doing hands on exercises with. I will be happy if it only takes me a month.

Do you have previous experience with Server 2003? If not, will 4 days of studying prepare you to do the actual work? Is this retainable learning or just cramming for the test and then forgetting it? I always try to study as if I were about to go out and actually do the stuff.
  • Options
    Super99Super99 Member Posts: 274
    I have Testout. I don't like it that much.
    I really like Transcender a whole lot better than Testout.
    Did you find the 290 exam as hard as the 270 xp exam?