Options

Exchange 2010 Beta!!!!!

2»

Comments

• Options
    royalroyal Member Posts: 3,352 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Claymoore wrote: »
    Here I am working on a custom IIFP GALSync Free/Busy solution for sharing between two organizations, wishing there were an easier way to do this, and here comes Exchange 2010 with Federated Sharing.

I don't know if I like using Windows Live as a broker between the organizations, but my clients will probably like it more than paying for ILM licenses.

E14 Federation only does free/busy or sharing calendars/contacts with another organization. It doesn't populate a GAL in the federated forest. So, you'll need a GALsync solution. And this is only E14 to E14. You'll still need to do Availability to Availability if you have E12 in the mix or Inter Org Replication Tool + IIFP/MIIS/ILM in the mix if you have Exchange 2003 in there or use a solution like Quest Collaboration services to take care of all that for you.

And several MVPs including myself told the Exchange Product Group that we'd like to have our own brokers for Federated Trusts. Whether they will do that, no idea.
    “For success, attitude is equally as important as ability.” - Harry F. Banks
  • Options
    royalroyal Member Posts: 3,352 ■■■■□□□□□□
    blargoe wrote: »
    I like this

Me too. But Windows NLB won't be supported for CAS/HUB Servers within a DAG. Windows NLB is only supported if the CAS/HUB nodes are not a member of a DAG.
    “For success, attitude is equally as important as ability.” - Harry F. Banks