Options

VCP Official Course then Certification

TecShdwTecShdw Member Posts: 48 ■■□□□□□□□□
Hello All,
Well, we got it worked out, my boss and I are going to VMware Infrastructure 3: Install and Configure V3.5 official class towards the end of May. I figure shortly after I'll do the exam. I already purchased Elias Khnaser's VCP Cram book and started reading it (finding some very usefull material in there). My experience with VMware is all over the place, I've used alot of workstation (although that's not what this is for) and have even installed, configured, and administered ESXi here in our office. The big reason we are doing this is because we do hosting for sites (our own web products). We have been slowly migrating our entired environment to VMware (vmotion, the whole deal...very cool). So I have a bit of experience that is all over the board. I'm guessing the class is going to be an excellent supplement.

Any thoughts from any of you that have been through the class and certification?
PC Technician Certified - MCSA Server 2003, MCTS-Vista
My Site - My Forum

Comments

• Options
    dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    It sounds like you're in pretty good shape. There's a few more resources here: http://www.techexams.net/forums/virtualization/39571-vcp-course-materials.html#post286421
  • Options
    Yeah, I started reading the Exam Cram book yesterday even though I don't go to the course until next month. Seems to be a well written book, I made it through the first through chapters, didn't really find anything I didn't already know (which makes me feel good). I'm thinking about looking for another book or something also to do before I go to the official course (since when it's scheduled for is about 1 month away).

I figured I can schedule the exam about a week after the class, that will give me time for 'review', I'm pretty much planning on going over a huge percentage of the material, along with the hands on I get, before getting to the class so that even it is more review than 'new' material for me.
    My Site - My Forum
  • Options
    Read all the guides from VMware in that link I included. That'll keep you plenty busy icon_lol.gif
  • Options
    Great! How is that documentation. Is it really dry? BTW, the flash cards link doesn't work. (Not sure if there is someone that maintains that who should know or not)
    My Site - My Forum
  • Options
    They're here: Rob Scmidt's VMware VCP Study Questions - Petri.co.il forums by Daniel Petri

It's alright. I wouldn't call it entertaining, but I've seen a lot worse, for sure.
  • Options
    dreadnoughtdreadnought Member Posts: 13 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I also like this book. It's touted not only as a study guide for the VCP but also a reference material for use as your basic admin skills progress.

It seems pretty thorough and aligns nicely with the official course material.
  • Options
    Cool. wow, that book is expensive! $60.00 US! I may get it though if it's worth it
    My Site - My Forum