Options

Damn, I really like Windows 7

2»

Comments

• Options
    dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    I snagged that too. I didn't feel like I crossed any ethical boundaries by spending a half hour with alpha/beta software in a VM. It seems like it wasn't put out via the proper channels simply because it wasn't ready for that large of an audience. Even if it wasn't intentionally put out there, I don't see the harm in a few enthusiasts satisfying their curiosity. It's not like it's a substitute for the RTM version. It also created a lot of positive buzz from Engadget, Gizmodo, etc., which is something MS sorely needed after all the bad press from Vista. Regardless, I'm going to buy a few copies the day it's released, so my conscious is clear ;)
  • Options
    jibbajabbajibbajabba Member Posts: 4,317 ■■■■■■■■□□
    "Leaking" is a term which is even used by every single tech news site. The term "leaked" also means that simply "intellectual property is released to the public on the Internet".

And as JDMurray mentioned, this is most likely done by Microsoft. Every single information I know about Windows 7 was mostly "leaked" by official Blogs from Microsoft employees.
    My own knowledge base made public: http://open902.com :p
  • Options
    JDMurrayJDMurray Admin Posts: 13,036 Admin
    OK, I see the gist of this. "Leaking" is definitely not the same thing as "pirating" or "stealing and releasing." I've not heard any word from Microsoft sources that "the leak" of Windows 7 was because of anything illegal or unethical. Actually, it never occurred to me to think of it as anything but intentional, and I think it has worked out very well.

Isn't there suppose to be an official CTP of Windows 7 released at Tech-Ed in Los Angeles in May?
  • Options
    PashPash Member Posts: 1,600 ■■■■■□□□□□
    accept my apologies if this was your intention JD. I am fairly sure i saw a resource stating an unofficial "leaked" version of W7 was out and about mid last year, unfortunately I cannot find the link anymore.
    DevOps Engineer and Security Champion. https://blog.pash.by - I am trying to find my writing style, so please bear with me.