Options

Callmanager on a PC or on a router

mathelizemathelize Member Posts: 66 ■■□□□□□□□□
Hello guys, which is better? Installing CCUM on a machine or extracting cme 4.3 on a voice router. I tried to install it on VM but I can't get it to work and my router flash is just 32mb, I need to upgrade my flash and that'll take some days before I get it. How best can i install it on a standalone machine or a VM machine? Any help will be much appreciated.
In my Lab
I have access to any cisco equipment I need

Comments

• Options
    mikej412mikej412 Member Posts: 10,086 ■■■■■■■■■■
    For the CCNA:Voice you're going to want to have Call Manager Express running -- either on an actual router or GNS3. Either will work for learning purposes, but using an acutal router is closer to what you'd be doing on the job. If you can demonstrate the knowledge and skills during a job interview (and on the job) then it doesn't matter what you used for your lab during your certification study.

When you get to the CCVP you'll need CallManager (or Cisco Unified Communications Manager... or whatever it's called today) running. For learning purposes, either using the actual supported hardware or running under VMWare will work. The software is the main thing to learn, and you can treat the server(s) running the software as just another "appliance" in your data center.
    :mike: Cisco Certifications -- Collect the Entire Set!
  • Options
    mathelizemathelize Member Posts: 66 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Thanks Mike
    In my Lab
    I have access to any cisco equipment I need