Options

Virtual Lab Error

I posted this in another thread, but I wanted to avoid hijacking the other thread.

I am preparing for the 293 retake and I tried a lab that another member recommended. The lab was TechNet Virtual Lab: Security with Windows Server 2003.

I have ran this lab about 5 times and I get the same error when trying to encrypt the file. The error I get is "an error occured applying attributes to the file." It then give me the file name followed by "Recovery policy configured for this system contains invalid recovery certificate".

I have followed the printered instructions line by line and I cannot make it work. Could anyone tell me what I am doing wrong?

Thanks

Comments

• Options
    manny355manny355 Member Posts: 134
    Dude I just went through the lab and it seems as if it skips a step in there. The error wants to make sure that you have a recovery agent specified before it encrypts the file and in the steps the lab did not go through the steps to create a recovery agent.
  • Options
    ElwoodBluesElwoodBlues Member Posts: 117
    So it's not just me? That's a little relief. So I should try to make a recovery agent prior to encrypting the file? If so, I will have to see if I can figure out how to do it properly.
  • Options
    ElwoodBluesElwoodBlues Member Posts: 117
    Can anyone give me some guidance? I really do not understand this all that well and it only confuses me more when the instructions appear to be wrong.

thanks
  • Options
    dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Send me a reminder PM in the morning. I'll probably have some downtime at work, and I could check it out. I'm due for a refresher anyway...