Options

640 notes

Is there a collection of 70-640 notes around here?

I know there are piles for 620 on this and other forums. :)

Comments

• Options
    BradHBradH Member Posts: 160
    Maybe we should start compiling some...

I have quite a few notes lying around and other peoples brains are aways good to jog.
    EA Path - 70-643 - Passed - 70-680 - Passed - 70-647 - To Complete
  • Options
    HemisFearHemisFear Member Posts: 18 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I'm just about to take this exam within the next 10 days or so and I would also appreciate some form of notes or **** relative to this exam.

I've read through the Exam Cram book and am currently reading through the MS-Press Training Kit. I plan to procure the MeasureUp exams as well as part of my standard study routine but from what I am seeing thus far, this exam is no joke.

So Far I've only passed my initial Vista exam en route to completeing my MCITP but I also waited 5 months to get serious about my second exam. One thing is for certain, I will not make the mistake of becoming too relaxed after I pass this one!
    ---===The darkest hour is just before the dawn of day===---
  • Options
    ian7ian7 Member Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    i just download the ms press training kit and plan to study it myself...
    may i know what others study materials or sample question needed to pass this exam?? is it enough for me to pass the exam or should i go for training center??
  • Options
    I think if you do the following you'll pass:

1. Study MS Press 70-640 Training Kit & Do Labs
    2. Study Exam Cram Series book
    3. Take and retake Measure Up practice series exams until you score 85% or better consistantly on all exams.
  • Options
    azjagazjag Member Posts: 579 ■■■■■■■□□□
    HemisFear wrote: »
    I'm just about to take this exam within the next 10 days or so and I would also appreciate some form of notes or **** relative to this exam.

No **** are allowed in this forum. And people who use them are frowned upon to put it nicely. Learn the subject and take the test legitimately. Take pride in your effort and you will do fine.

Good luck
    Currently Studying:
    VMware Certified Advanced Professional 5 – Data Center Administration (VCAP5-DCA) (Passed)
    VMware Certified Advanced Professional 5 – Data Center Design (VCAP5-DCD)
  • Options
    azjag wrote: »
    No **** are allowed in this forum. And people who use them are frowned upon to put it nicely. Learn the subject and take the test legitimately. Take pride in your effort and you will do fine.

Good luck

You'll have to forgive my use of the term ****. I sometimes forget that people actually used to use actual examination questions and answers as **** to study for the exams. I've been taking IT exams for over 11 years now and have never once used a brain ****.

In fact I've said for years that it's really much more appropriate for software companies to use simulations much more often in their exams than multiple choice questions. Anyone who has taken a Cisco exam, or even the Vista exam has seen that you can't really "cram" your way through sims. You either know how to configure a device or you dont.

What I really was trying to say was anyone with any data, notes, expreince from the exam would be greatly apprecaited.

I had to push my exam back a bit because I wasn't as strong with the new DNS and Certificate Services components as I thought I was when using the Measure Up exams so I'm pushed back slightly to May 22nd.
  • Options
    azjagazjag Member Posts: 579 ■■■■■■■□□□
    When I took the test I found that it was moderatly difficult, but not to the degree that the 291 is, if you've taken the 291. Since the exam is still fairly new, MS hasn't had the time to really ratchet down the questions. Pick up a second shot voucher and give it a shot.

http://www.microsoft.com/Learning/Mcp/Offers/Secondshot/Default.Mspx

Good luck.
    Currently Studying:
    VMware Certified Advanced Professional 5 – Data Center Administration (VCAP5-DCA) (Passed)
    VMware Certified Advanced Professional 5 – Data Center Design (VCAP5-DCD)
  • Options
    sagewalkintheresagewalkinthere Member Posts: 99 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I'll have some notes to post in about a month or so. I'm taking the test June 20th.
    A.A.S. Multimedia Web Design, MCTS 70-623, MCTS 83-640, MCP 70-270, A+
    http://jasonereid.blogspot.com/