Options

So its booked...

NightShade03NightShade03 Member Posts: 1,383 ■■■■■■■□□□
So I booked my CCENT for Friday 11:30. I know its not as exciting as the full CCNA but hey we all gotta start somewhere right? I realize that studying for this exam I thought I knew alot about networks/networking going in, but wow I was sooo wrong. I feel like I've been studying this stuff non stop but I'm sure everyone who takes these exams would agree the feeling is mutual.

Any last suggestions before the big day?

PS - I'm nervous as hell and its only weds!

Comments

• Options
    apd123apd123 Member Posts: 171
    No need to be nervous if you know the stuff you will pass also failing just means you will get to study more. :) You mention one of the things I love about this field is that just when you think you know something you discover how much more is out the and realize you still don't know squat.
  • Options
    mikej412mikej412 Member Posts: 10,086 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Good Luck! icon_thumright.gif

Make sure you've got everything covered that's in the ICND1 Exam Blueprint.

Remember that Cisco exams have no mark and review option -- so once you answer the questions and click next, that's it.

And people have been using the COMEBACK2009 promotion to get a free retest.... so worst case, you can think of it as a free realistic practice test (but hopefully you won't need it).
    :mike: Cisco Certifications -- Collect the Entire Set!
  • Options
    NetwurkNetwurk Member Posts: 1,155 ■■■■■□□□□□
    Good luck with it!

:)
  • Options
    drew2000drew2000 Member Posts: 290
  • Options
    Megadeth4168Megadeth4168 Member Posts: 2,157
  • Options
    davidspirovalentinedavidspirovalentine Member Posts: 353 ■■■■□□□□□□
    GOOD LUCK!!!!!!

I sit it on monday!!!!

Im nervous too!!!!

How ready are you?
    Failure is a stepping stone to success...
  • Options
    Megadeth4168Megadeth4168 Member Posts: 2,157
    davidspirovalentine,

Good luck to you as well! For nerves, try chewing gum. It helps me when I go into an exam.

Take your time on the tutorial, write down your powers of 2, or anything else that you might think help.
  • Options
    Thanks for all the luck guys. For prep I used:

Exam Cram (CCENT)
    Exam Cram (CCNA)
    Cisco ICND 1 Book
    CBT Nuggets

I think the nervous thing comes from not being familiar with a cisco exam. I felt the same way going into the first comptia/microsoft exam but after the first one I had no problems with the others. I know the format of the cisco exam but its a whole other thing when you actually do it for the first time.
  • Options
    jscimeca715jscimeca715 Member Posts: 280
    davidspirovalentine,

Good luck to you as well! For nerves, try chewing gum. It helps me when I go into an exam.

Take your time on the tutorial, write down your powers of 2, or anything else that you might think help.

This is one thing that really helped me when I took the exam so I would recommend doing it. Take the time during the tutorial to write down your powers of 2 and block sizes so that you won't have to use your fingers to count during the exam. Other than that, stop studying the afternoon before the exam and get a good night's sleep. Good luck!
  • Options
    HE SHOOTS AND SCORES!!!! icon_cheers.gif

Haha thanks to all that helped (even if it was just a vote of confidence).

I honestly went in headstrong and got slammed with two sims first two questions of the exam... I felt better as I moved on through the test and before I knew it I was staring at the congrats page icon_smile.gif Final score was 846, which isn't bad for someone that learned all this in two weeks.

I still the exam is difficult....but not impossible.
  • Options
    networker050184networker050184 Mod Posts: 11,962 Mod
    Congrats!
    An expert is a man who has made all the mistakes which can be made.
  • Options
    brandon1109brandon1109 Member Posts: 34 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Congrats......
  • Options
    mikej412mikej412 Member Posts: 10,086 ■■■■■■■■■■
    HE SHOOTS AND SCORES!!!!
    Congratulations! icon_cheers.gif

And the nice thing about Friday exams.... an entire weekend to celebrate!! drunken_smilie.gif
    :mike: Cisco Certifications -- Collect the Entire Set!
  • Options
    blackninjablackninja Member Posts: 385
    HE SHOOTS AND SCORES!!!!

Congrats :)

Bet you have that Friday feeling now!
    Currently studying:
    CCIE R&S - using INE workbooks & videos

Currently reading:
    Everything. Twice ;)
  • Options
    Thanks for all the support guys/gals icon_wink.gif I look forward to now returning the favor for anyone studying for this exam or anything else I can help with. I def feel it is always important to give back icon_smile.gif
  • Options
    creamy_stewcreamy_stew Member Posts: 406 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congrats! Definately an accomplishment to do it in 2 weeks!
    Itchy... Tasty!
    [X] DCICN
    [X] IINS

[ ] CCDA
    [ ] DCICT