Options

Preparing for A+

vvjoe2002vvjoe2002 Member Posts: 9 ■□□□□□□□□□
Ok guys, I passed my Network+ exam today and it was my first cert. My next step is the A+. Does it matter which of the 2 tests I take first. And how much content from the Network side of the cert is on the Net+ exam? Just looking for some basics right now, planning on taking the exams in about a month or so... Also, what other places or books are good study material? Any input would be great. Thanks guys!
Do not rely on others to follow you... Rely only on yourself to lead.

Comments

• Options
    sagewalkintheresagewalkinthere Member Posts: 99 ■■□□□□□□□□
    vvjoe2002 wrote: »
    Ok guys, I passed my Network+ exam today and it was my first cert. My next step is the A+. Does it matter which of the 2 tests I take first. And how much content from the Network side of the cert is on the Net+ exam? Just looking for some basics right now, planning on taking the exams in about a month or so... Also, what other places or books are good study material? Any input would be great. Thanks guys!

Doesn't matter which you take first. I did the essentials test first and then the IT Technician (602) a week afterwards.

I think that if you've got a Network+, you're set as far as the networking portion of the A+. I took it knowing only basic networking stuff and did well on that part.

Here's the book I used: Amazon.com: A+ Certification All-in-One Exam Guide, Sixth Edition: Michael Meyers: Books
    I know it's the 2006 version, but I did fine with that. I also bought MeasureUp practice tests and used the study guides on this site. But if you do get the MeasureUp tests, don't bother buying both the Essentials and the IT Tech, they're almost the same.
    A.A.S. Multimedia Web Design, MCTS 70-623, MCTS 83-640, MCP 70-270, A+
    http://jasonereid.blogspot.com/