Changes in CCIE R&S Lab

cowood2676cowood2676 Posts: 27Member ■□□□□□□□□□
Check out this link...

CCIE Blog - IPexpert’s CCIE Blog

This just happens to be right in the middle of my prep. Seems to have created a big buzz...

Well it won't be the first time I have had to change directions right in the middle of my prep.

Comments

  • PStefanovPStefanov Posts: 79Member ■■□□□□□□□□
    Internetwork Expert guessed about a year ago that changes would be made in the beginning of 2009 and these rumours turned out to be wrong. I wouldn't trust any such postings that are not officially announced by Cisco. Besides, if they make any changes, you'll have at least 6 more months to prepare before the mentioned technologies are integrated in the lab.
  • cowood2676cowood2676 Posts: 27Member ■□□□□□□□□□
    PStefanov wrote: »
    Internetwork Expert guessed about a year ago that changes would be made in the beginning of 2009 and these rumours turned out to be wrong. I wouldn't trust any such postings that are not officially announced by Cisco. Besides, if they make any changes, you'll have at least 6 more months to prepare before the mentioned technologies are integrated in the lab.

    There were changes in 2009 February.

    "Effective February 1, 2009, Cisco will introduce a new type of question format to CCIE Routing and Switching lab exams. In addition to the live configuration scenarios, candidates will be asked a series of four or five open-ended questions, on the computer screen, drawn from a pool of questions based on the material covered on the lab blueprint. No new topics are being added"
  • dynamikdynamik Posts: 12,314Banned ■■■■■■■■□□
    That really shouldn't affect your preparations though. It sounds like those shouldn't be a problem if you're genuinely prepared for the exam.
  • PStefanovPStefanov Posts: 79Member ■■□□□□□□□□
    cowood2676 wrote: »
    There were changes in 2009 February.

    "Effective February 1, 2009, Cisco will introduce a new type of question format to CCIE Routing and Switching lab exams. In addition to the live configuration scenarios, candidates will be asked a series of four or five open-ended questions, on the computer screen, drawn from a pool of questions based on the material covered on the lab blueprint. No new topics are being added"

    I was referring to changes in the blueprint, not the format of the exam.
  • cowood2676cowood2676 Posts: 27Member ■□□□□□□□□□
    I really, really wanted to skip MPLS and L3 VPNS, they are my weakest aspects, But all said if I prepare well I should have no trouble....just wanting to see what they take out if they add these things in, I mean think about it, everything I have done up until now has been with Frame Relay, if it is removed and MPLS is put in, and then think about full reachability using VRF, could be a nightmare...for me anyway...troubleshooting should be no problem
  • apd123apd123 Posts: 171Member
    PStefanov wrote: »
    I was referring to changes in the blueprint, not the format of the exam.

    You are now.
  • mikeeomikeeo Posts: 74Member ■■□□□□□□□□
    This is great news, the amount of cheating is pathetic in the last 12-18 months and Cisco knows about it.
  • kryollakryolla Posts: 785Member
    I am actually excited about the changes, the more technology you know the better. FR at the edge and MPLS in the core. No sense in only learning how to troubleshoot the FR side and not the MPLS side. I like to troubleshoot end to end and not hand off a portion to a different person or group. IE should update their R&S curriculum and it shouldnt be that difficult to grasp. Now the troubleshooting will seperate the Men from the Boys.

    Bring it on
    Studying for CCIE and drinking Home Brew
  • Mrock4Mrock4 Posts: 2,360Banned
Sign In or Register to comment.