Options

Where you going on holiday this year ?

KaminskyKaminsky Member Posts: 1,235
Looking highly like I am holidaying in the garden again this year icon_sad.gif

Would LOVE to go here: Welcome to Tongsai Bay official website

OMG!

Anyone planning anything exotic this year ?
Kam.

Comments

• Options
    jibbajabbajibbajabba Member Posts: 4,317 ■■■■■■■■□□
  • Options
    tierstentiersten Member Posts: 4,505
    Just got back from a holiday in Cancun and Toronto.
  • Options
    blargoeblargoe Member Posts: 4,174 ■■■■■■■■■□
    We haven't been anywhere in over 5 years, since the wife was pregnant with our first kid. Three kids later. I finally decided enough was enough, we're getting out of town.

Leaving tomorrow for Myrtle Beach.
    IT guy since 12/00

Recent: 11/2019 - RHCSA (RHEL 7); 2/2019 - Updated VCP to 6.5 (just a few days before VMware discontinued the re-cert policy...)
    Working on: RHCE/Ansible
    Future: Probably continued Red Hat Immersion, Possibly VCAP Design, or maybe a completely different path. Depends on job demands...
  • Options
    msteinhilbermsteinhilber Member Posts: 1,480 ■■■■■■■■□□
    This year will likely be spent taking a bunch of 4 day weekends here and there and doing basic stuff around our region to keep our budget down and help pay some bills down.

Hopefully the next year we'll be in good shape to get away for a couple weeks... I've been wanting to visit New Zealand.
  • Options
    dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    I'll definitely be going to Japan before the end of the year. Probably in the fall when the leaves change. I might venture somewhere else over the summer, finances permitting...
  • Options
    JBrownJBrown Member Posts: 308
    Man o man, that is one of the best choices on Puerto Plata. I have been there a few years ago, and must i tell you that i really loved that place.

Gomjaba wrote: »
  • Options
    JBrown wrote: »
    Man o man, that is one of the best choices on Puerto Plata. I have been there a few years ago, and must i tell you that i really loved that place.

Glad to hear it :) I just choosen something more random so I am glad I hit the "jackpot" :)
    My own knowledge base made public: http://open902.com :p
  • Options
    EdTheLadEdTheLad Member Posts: 2,111 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Starting an around the world trip in a couple of months.I've decided to put my studies on hold.Starting from Australia heading to Asian for afew months and then on to Europe.This recession is great for cheap flights. icon_smile.gif
    Networking, sometimes i love it, mostly i hate it.Its all about the $$$$
  • Options
    EdTheLad wrote: »
    This recession is great for cheap flights. icon_smile.gif

Not so good for exchange rates though.
  • Options
    nelnel Member Posts: 2,859 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Im off to mainland europe this year, mainly northern italy. Fly to milan, stay a few days, up to switzerland a few more. Unsure from there but i think Venice will be a must. Possibly one more before heading back to Milan.

Will be taking some time off for the Edinburgh festival come august - thats one hell of a month.

Next year i want to go for the Big one at Oz. Hopefully someday, N.America too.
    Xbox Live: Bring It On

Bsc (hons) Network Computing - 1st Class
    WIP: Msc advanced networking
  • Options
    nel wrote: »
    Im off to mainland europe this year, mainly northern italy. Fly to milan, stay a few days, up to switzerland a few more. Unsure from there but i think Venice will be a must. Possibly one more before heading back to Milan.

Will be taking some time off for the Edinburgh festival come august - thats one hell of a month.

Next year i want to go for the Big one at Oz. Hopefully someday, N.America too.

Sounds like fun - a shame that the Euro is so expensive (or the Pound so weak) icon_sad.gif
  • Options
    malcyboodmalcybood Member Posts: 900 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Gomjaba wrote: »
    Sounds like fun - a shame that the Euro is so expensive (or the Pound so weak) icon_sad.gif

Yeah I was just over in Amsterdam about 3 weeks ago for the Scotland v Holland game and it was 8 euros for a pint of beer which in this day is £8.

It was 5.50 euros for 6 x 500ml cans of heinekken in the supermarket, so guess what we done before we went out on the town..........

Other than that I don't know, still pondering my options this year, would like to do a bit of trekking round asia/oz/nz or south america but still figuring it out at the mo!
  • Options
    Im dreading buying some euro's. You just know your getting shafted! Shame really.

Jeez, 8 euros a pint? dont think i'll be going to the 'Dam anytime soon then! imagine the exchange rate when you start heading towards that bright red light everyone talks about over there, now THAT will be a harsh ride :D

• Options
    TurgonTurgon Banned Posts: 6,308 ■■■■■■■■■□
    The annual trip to Russia is on the cards in the summer when the weather is so warm. No doubt we will drop by the University department again where my wife used to work and have some tea again with her former colleagues. Fishing, Banya and Shaslik in the summer. Can't wait.
  • Options
    KaminskyKaminsky Member Posts: 1,235
    nel wrote: »
    Im dreading buying some euro's. You just know your getting shafted! Shame really.

Jeez, 8 euros a pint? dont think i'll be going to the 'Dam anytime soon then! imagine the exchange rate when you start heading towards that bright red light everyone talks about over there, now THAT will be a harsh ride :D

Even without the state of the currency, the places you are looking at are very expensive normally.

If your just doing europe on your own like that, the way I did it in my youth was get a youth hostels association card and for a small fee you can use it in europe. Really cheep, great accomodation and free and easy to up sticks and move. Europe are really big on hostelling. Way bigger than they are in the UK.

You will save a fortune on accomodation andyou get to meet all sorts of like minded people.
    Kam.
  • Options
    8 Euro a pint - I suppose that was at a stadium or whatnot .. I don't know about Amsterdam, but the countries I have been to it is about 3.20 - 4 Euro ... Hell I am from Germany and in my home town you can get 24 Bottles of Bitburger (which is I must say the best pils out there) for 12 Euro (plus deposit for the bottles and case) - and those bottles are 0.5 Litre (500ml or about 17 US liquid oz or just under a pint).
  • Options
    arwesarwes Member Posts: 633 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Not really doing anything this year, but going on a cruise next February with my brother in law's gospel quartet. Heading out from New Orleans and stopping at Key West, then Freeport & Nassau. Should be fun!
    [size=-2]Started WGU - BS IT:NDM on 1/1/13, finished 12/31/14
    Working on: Waiting on the mailman to bring me a diploma
    What's left: Graduation![/size]
  • Options
    AldurAldur Member Posts: 1,460
    I haven't been on a vacation in about 12 years or so, think the last one was when I was 16... it's been a while...

I'm taking a week off in May to study... Does that count as a vacation? Maybe I can convince my wife that counts as the honeymoon I've been promising her :D
    "Bribe is such an ugly word. I prefer extortion. The X makes it sound cool."

-Bender
  • Options
    Mrock4Mrock4 Banned Posts: 2,359 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Getting married in Oct, and our honeymoon is to a luxury resort in Negril, Jamaica. I couldn't be more excited. Unfortunately it's back to the real world after that.
  • Options
    Lee HLee H Member Posts: 1,135
    Same places every year, Winderview and Argate

lol
  • Options
    laidbackfreaklaidbackfreak Member Posts: 991
    so far this year, I've been to Amsterdam and Venice icon_smile.gif (for those inn the uk if you think of london west end prices, thats the kinda costs involved with the currrent exchange rate, tho you can still find bargains.)

Got Croatia booked up in a couple of months and then look at summit else after I get back from there icon_smile.gif

ps should add, I'm trying to keep holidays to a minimum this year as I could be emigrating early next.
    if I say something that can be taken one of two ways and one of them offends, I usually mean the other one :-)
  • Options
    Kaminsky wrote: »
    Even without the state of the currency, the places you are looking at are very expensive normally.

If your just doing europe on your own like that, the way I did it in my youth was get a youth hostels association card and for a small fee you can use it in europe. Really cheep, great accomodation and free and easy to up sticks and move. Europe are really big on hostelling. Way bigger than they are in the UK.

You will save a fortune on accomodation andyou get to meet all sorts of like minded people.

Thanks for the tip Kam. I love hosteling, but dont know if the gf would be up for that!

Yeah from what ive seen they can be pricey. However, my gf has an aunty we lives in milan..so guess where im staying :D Of course, we'll buy shopping or whatever to say thanks etc etc but it will save us quite a bit. Besides we have done the same for her when she came to edinburgh etc. So hopefully that should keep costs down, which is great considering the current state. She's also wanted us to visit italy for some time, so it kills two birds with one stone.

• Options
    evanderburgevanderburg Member Posts: 229 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I'll be spending the Independence Week in Branson, MO. My family is dispersed around the US so we all meet up there each year for swimming, boating, relaxing, and other fun activities.
    "You can never know everything and part of what you know is always wrong. Perhaps even the most important part. A portion of wisdom lies in knowing that. A portion of courage lies in going on anyway. " - Lan, Winter's Heart by Robert Jordan
  • Options
    Lee HLee H Member Posts: 1,135
    Lee H wrote: »
    Same places every year, Winderview and Argate

lol

Nobody got my joke then, ah well nvm :)
  • Options
    BokehBokeh Member Posts: 1,636 ■■■■■■■□□□
    Short 4 day vacation to the Rock n Roll capital of the world (Cleveland) to see family and friends that I haven't seen in three years. Spoil the grandson while there too. Looking at a nice 3 day weekend in the fall and heading up north for some time on Superior.
  • Options
    vColevCole Member Posts: 1,573 ■■■■■■■□□□
    Fiancee & I will be going to Virginia during the summer for a week. icon_cheers.gif
  • Options
    gorebrushgorebrush Member Posts: 2,743 ■■■■■■■□□□
    Going to Singapore for two weeks on Saturday.
  • Options
    VoiderOfWarrantiesVoiderOfWarranties Member Posts: 6 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Hopefully if I get the time off, I'm heading to Albuqerque for the Grand Outlandish at the end of the month.

Studying for CompTIA Network+ N10-004
    Next Goal - CCENT
    Secondary Goal - CCNA
    Tertiary Goal - CCNA Security or Security+
  • Options
    cbigbrickcbigbrick Member Posts: 284
    Already went on a cruise in January. HOWEVER, next year it's F1 @ SPA!!!
    And in conclusion your point was.....???

Don't get so upset...it's just ones and zeros.
  • Options
    GrynderGrynder Member Posts: 106
    If I can make it fit, I will go visit my brother in Puerto Rico