Options

Is this enough...

surfthegeckosurfthegecko Member Posts: 149
Hi All,

I havent been around for a couple of weeks, currently trying to buy a house so been a bit distracted.

Unfortunately my ICND2 course has been put back from next week to July because of a lack of resources at work.

On the plus side this gives me some time before the course to practice course material.

So far I have a Cisco 2621xm Router and 2 2950-12Port Switches.
I was just wondering if this is enough kit for the ICND2 or if I need anything else?

I do also have a Cisco 800 ADSL Router/Switch as well as a Cisco 1600 Series router.... both of which old but I assume I can stil practice some more of the basic routing??? Or are these simply a waste of time.

Please can somebody advise as to what I can and cant do with regards to my ICND2 (and then CCNP/CCVP) and recommend any kit I might need in order to accomplish this.

Thanks

Comments

• Options
    blackninjablackninja Member Posts: 385
    Hi All,

I havent been around for a couple of weeks, currently trying to buy a house so been a bit distracted.

Unfortunately my ICND2 course has been put back from next week to July because of a lack of resources at work.

On the plus side this gives me some time before the course to practice course material.

So far I have a Cisco 2621xm Router and 2 2950-12Port Switches.
    I was just wondering if this is enough kit for the ICND2 or if I need anything else?

I do also have a Cisco 800 ADSL Router/Switch as well as a Cisco 1600 Series router.... both of which old but I assume I can stil practice some more of the basic routing??? Or are these simply a waste of time.

Please can somebody advise as to what I can and cant do with regards to my ICND2 (and then CCNP/CCVP) and recommend any kit I might need in order to accomplish this.

Thanks

There are stacks of threads regarding kit.

Check out: http://www.techexams.net/forums/ccna-ccent/42344-equipments-advice.html
    Currently studying:
    CCIE R&S - using INE workbooks & videos

Currently reading:
    Everything. Twice ;)
  • Options
    coffeekingcoffeeking Member Posts: 305 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Having taken the exam recently, I gave someone else the same advise; know your WAN stuff inside out.
  • Options
    captobviouscaptobvious Member Posts: 648
    Enough, can you really have enough? I guess it's a product of your wallet and where you are going. Remember, it's as if you are renting the equipment as you can always put the stuff on ebay and get some if not all of our money back. Or you could start your own small/medium size enterprise! icon_wink.gif

blackninja +1, more than enough threads about equipment
  • Options
    surfthegeckosurfthegecko Member Posts: 149
    Thanks guys, point well made about reselling on ebay.
  • Options
    msethkmsethk Member Posts: 53 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I think I only seen 1 router listed? I would atleast get 2 routers, preferably even 3 for more advanced labs. And yeah, when your done just put it back on eBay and get your money back! icon_wink.gif