Options

Passed!!!!

tomkentomken Member Posts: 63 ■■□□□□□□□□
Hello all! I passed the 70-290 on Wednesday with a score of 844! Thanks to everyone on this forum. It has helped a great deal in my studies.

I did notice that a lot of people claim that the 70-270 exam is harder compared to the 70-290, I thought the opposite. When I took the 270 last month, I breezed through the exam, and when I was finished some 40 minutes later, passed with a score of 968. During the 290 exam, I struggled with quite a few of the questions and only scored an 844. Although I was glad to have the pass, I was a little disappointed that I had not scored over 900, considering that most of you found this exam to be easier than the 270.

I am kind of a binge and purge studier as my last exam before the 270 and 290 was the 70-620 last June. I took the 270 in March and and the 290 this past Wednesday, so in order to not fall off the wagon so to speak, when I got home from taking the 290 exam, I immediately began working on the ""BEAST." For some reason, the material I have covered so far has seemed to be a little more easier digestable than the material on the 290. I use TestOut along with the MSPress Self Study books, ExamCram books as well as a virtual PC lab. The TestOut for the 291 is way better than the 290.

Comments

• Options
    dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    I think people think 270 is harder for a couple of reasons. First, most use it every day, so they think they already know a good deal about it, and a lot of people are surprised at how much they really didn't know about XP. Second, 290 is usually done second, so a lot of the concepts, such as NTFS permissions, have already been learned. Personally, I thought 270 was more difficult, but that was because of all the deployment material which I had never worked with before.

Regardless, congratulations on the pass and good luck with 291!
  • Options
    motogpmanmotogpman Member Posts: 412
    Congrats on the pass! I agree with Dynamik as well. I actaully learned quite a bit about some of the features in Xp that I had never used in the past, but was glad to pick it up. I think that the thing I like about MS tests is that there is overlap ( helps in retaining info ) which build off the previous tests.
    -WIP- (70-294 and 297)

Once MCSE 2k3 completed:

WGU: BS in IT, Design/Management

Finish MCITP:EA, CCNA, PMP by end of 2012

After that, take a much needed vacation!!!!!
  • Options
    Super99Super99 Member Posts: 274
    Congrats!
    A pass is a pass.
    I'm glad to hear that the TestOut for 291 is better than 290.
    I'm studying for my 290. Wish me luck.
  • Options
    tomkentomken Member Posts: 63 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Thanks for the congrats guys! Super99 - I feel that the TestOut materials for the 70-290 left out a lot of information. I would go through a module, get to the quiz part, and find only one question on a topic that wasn't explained very well if at all. On a positive note, the Sims make continuing use of TO worthwhile for this exam. I would also suggest that you use the MS Press book and absolutely get hands on with Server 2003. I have also heard that the CBT Nuggets program is pretty good. I may just give it a whirl for the beast!!! In any case, good luck with your studies and passing the 290!