Options

Certification??

ShoutShout Member Posts: 6 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hello,
First I would just like to say what a great site this is and im so glad that ive found it. Just a little question, Im studying CCNA version 2.4 and im almost finished, in final semester and was wondering what exam I have to take to get certified? I thinks its 640-821 but im not sure as there are two: 640-821 CCNA INTRO - Exam 1 and 640-801 Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA) - Exam 1 . So which one do I take? Also I was wondering if I can still get certified even though im studying ver. 2 instead of ver.3. Thank you for any Help.

Comments

• Options
    Ricka182Ricka182 Member Posts: 3,359
    You can find all the info you need here As far as version 2 over version 3, well I haven't studied for CCNA yet, but I would suggest studying version 3, as it's newer, and probably more up to date.
    i remain, he who remains to be....
  • Options
    viper75viper75 Member Posts: 726 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Ok, you have 2 choices for the CCNA exam. You can either take the 640-801 exam which is only one. If you pass it you'll become CCNA.

The other choice is to take the exam in two parts. One is the INTRO 640-821 and the other part is called ICND I think, can't remember the exam number. You must pass them both in order to recieve your CCNA Cert.

If you're studying the CCNA Ver. 2.4 you'll find yourself having trouble when taking the exam. The reason being is that: 2.4 does not cover ACLS and Bridging. 3.x does. I know this because I took the Cisco Acad. and was caught in the middle when they were upgrading from ver 2.x to 3.x.

I would study ver 3.x to make sure you cover everything you need to know for the exam.

Check this site out.

http://cisco.netacad.net/public/index.html

Good Luck!!!

Shout wrote:
    Hello,
    First I would just like to say what a great site this is and im so glad that ive found it. Just a little question, Im studying CCNA version 2.4 and im almost finished, in final semester and was wondering what exam I have to take to get certified? I thinks its 640-821 but im not sure as there are two: 640-821 CCNA INTRO - Exam 1 and 640-801 Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA) - Exam 1 . So which one do I take? Also I was wondering if I can still get certified even though im studying ver. 2 instead of ver.3. Thank you for any Help.
    CCNP Security - DONE!
    CCNP R&S - In Progress...
    CCIE Security - Future...
  • Options
    thanks for your help,but ive just about finished ver. 2.4 so are you saying that I would have to start the whole CCNA course over again?
  • Options
    keenonkeenon Member Posts: 1,922 ■■■■□□□□□□
    no there is more stuff for you to learn after completing your course to get on track to take the 801..
    Become the stainless steel sharp knife in a drawer full of rusty spoons
  • Options
    viper75viper75 Member Posts: 726 ■■■■□□□□□□
    No, I'm not saying that you have to take the whole course all over again. Just make sure you go over the material that was not covered on ver 2.x.

Good Luck!!!

Shout wrote:
    so are you saying that I would have to start the whole CCNA course over again?
    CCNP Security - DONE!
    CCNP R&S - In Progress...
    CCIE Security - Future...
  • Options
    ok thanks, so ill complete version 2 then look over the different topics in ver. 3.x, so the stuff in ver.2.x is the same as in ver.3.x? They havent changed it they have just added, is this corect?