Options

Few Questions

OliverGOliverG Member Posts: 13 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hello!

I am new to this forum but I find that its very usefull!

Just for info - I would like to finish the MCSA certification.

I did pass my 1st exam with about 850 pints - that was the 70-290.

I faound that one pretty easy .. Well I studied but I think most of the questions I would know also without studing that long.

My question is - how is the 70-291 compared to the 70-290?

And what about the comparation to 70-284 and 70-270?

I am at the 9th chapter of the 291 and its full of information, but can you please point me out on what I should concentrate most?

Or do you have any tipps? For the exam or for my certification path?

I plan to attend on the exam in about a week from now on.

Thank you

Oliver

Comments

• Options
    Agent6376Agent6376 Member Posts: 201
    Hi Oliver,

I passed the 70-290 a little less than a month ago with around the same score as you. As for this exam, I would say it's much more difficult. I've been studying almost non-stop since I passed the last exam and I'm just starting to feel comfortable with all of the information that's necessary to know. Depending on what real life experience you have working with servers, this may or may not be easy for you. As for topics to study, you can browse this forum and find most of the main topics, but DNS, RRAS, IPSec, and DHCP are just a few that make up a large portion of need to know info.

Good luck!
  • Options
    Thank you for the reply.

One additional question I see you do have also 70-270 how was it?

I plan to do that as well. Compared to these two?
  • Options
    PsoasmanPsoasman Member Posts: 2,687 ■■■■■■■■■□
    The 291 is harder than the 290. You must know DNS,DHCP,RRAS,IPSec,subnetting, and Active Directory.
    I found the 270 to be fairly easy, easier than the290. If you are already almost done studying for the 291, you could take exam. People usually go 270, 290, 291 and an elective(s) to get the MCSA.
  • Options
    ok thank you ! :)

I mean I work with servers and XPs a lot - support technician but I always get scared in front of exams :D ok 270 is the next one!

and does someone know what is the best to take as the 4th one? You need it to be MCSA right? I taught Exchange 2003 is good? Or? I would be than MCSA: Messaging. Or is there anything better than that?
  • Options
    gravyjoegravyjoe Member Posts: 260
    I'd probably study DNS, DHCP, RRAS, WSUS, IPsec, and then everything else afterwards. WSUS may not be in some 70-291 resources. It's not in the 70-291 MS press book that I have. If you don't see WSUS in your resources, find a resource to study WSUS from.
    The biggest risk in life is not taking one.
  • Options
    Big JizayBig Jizay Member Posts: 269
    gravyjoe wrote: »
    I'd probably study DNS, DHCP, RRAS, WSUS, IPsec, and then everything else afterwards. WSUS may not be in some 70-291 resources. It's not in the 70-291 MS press book that I have. If you don't see WSUS in your resources, find a resource to study WSUS from.

+1

I would definitely study WSUS as well. I didn't see SUS or WSUS in the 291 book at all. If you have the 290 MS Press book, it's a better resource for WSUS.
    The only thing that can stop you is you

Currently studying for 70-293
  • Options
    mikedisd2mikedisd2 Member Posts: 1,096 ■■■■■□□□□□
    OliverG wrote: »
    ok thank you ! :)

I mean I work with servers and XPs a lot - support technician but I always get scared in front of exams :D ok 270 is the next one!

and does someone know what is the best to take as the 4th one? You need it to be MCSA right? I taught Exchange 2003 is good? Or? I would be than MCSA: Messaging. Or is there anything better than that?

Depends where your interests lie and what your job requires. Most people do the 284 because nearly all MS environments use Exchange. Be prepared to lab up heaps for that one, it's a killer.
    As for XP, you can almost read a book and pass it. Although, I learnt alot more using Transcender and some of the questions were very similar.
  • Options
    sarpanchsarpanch Member Posts: 8 ■□□□□□□□□□
    70-291 is harder than 70-290
    but it is not impossible.
    so keep on studying
  • Options
    mikedisd2 wrote: »
    ... MS environments use Exchange. Be prepared to lab up heaps for that one, it's a killer....

I am affraid I did not understand what you wanted to say explain please.

Off the record: Next week big day for the 291.

I am trhou the book, all the questions were ok. Learnkey test passes 90 percent.

Hopefully nothing will surprise me - will let you know :)