Options

Windows XP Problem

Kerry_20Kerry_20 Member Posts: 77 ■■□□□□□□□□
I have a small problem with my DSL connected to Windows XP. For some reason my compter only connects at 10 mbps instead of 100mbps. It use to be kinda fast at 10mbs so I just let it go. Now it says its connected at 10mbs but it is even slower. It seems to me going slower than regular dial-up. I am using a linksys wireless router. Could this be causing any problem? Can the NIC speed be set at 10 instead of 100?

Please Help!!!

--Kerry

Comments

• Options
    Ricka182Ricka182 Member Posts: 3,359
    Yes it can. You'll need to go here :

Control Panel>>Network Connections>>Right-Click Properties on the connection>>>>Click the Configure button under the adapter>>>>Then click Advanced>>>>Look for Link Speed / Duplex Mode>>>Set it to where you like.

XP sets it to Auto by default. If changing it there doesn't work, look at your router or modem.
    i remain, he who remains to be....
  • Options
    Kerry_20Kerry_20 Member Posts: 77 ■■□□□□□□□□
    One of the phone lines was bad in the house and it was interfering with dsl phone line. It took me forever to figure it out.

--Kerry icon_eek.gif
  • Options
    lazyartlazyart Member Posts: 483
    connecting at 10mb/s or 100mb/s wouldnt make a difference in your internet speed anyway since home DSL usually caps out somewhere at 1.5 mb/s
    I'm not a complete idiot... some parts are missing.