Options

Anyone else get the invite for the Server+ 2009 beta?

1789101113»

Comments

• Options
    kalebkspkalebksp Member Posts: 1,033 ■■■■■□□□□□
    Another 850 here.
  • Options
    Hyper-MeHyper-Me Banned Posts: 2,059
    850 as well, on a funny lets tear apart CompTIA for running an absolutely terrible beta program - did anybody else who tested at Prometric get the letter on the CompTIA letterhead where they spelled the URL incorrectly for CareerID as "careereid"?

As a matter of fact, I did. icon_lol.gif

I never had a very high regard for CompTIA and this beta process has only severely lowered my opinion on them.
  • Options
    matradleymatradley Member Posts: 549
    I scored an 810.
    From Security+ book by Sybex:
    "One of the nice things about technology is that it's always changing. One of the bad things about technology is that it's always changing."
  • Options
    azjagazjag Member Posts: 579 ■■■■■■■□□□
    I scored a 815 on the 2009 and a 790 in 2004. My marks are improving. slowly. =)
    Currently Studying:
    VMware Certified Advanced Professional 5 – Data Center Administration (VCAP5-DCA) (Passed)
    VMware Certified Advanced Professional 5 – Data Center Design (VCAP5-DCD)
  • Options
    120nm4n120nm4n Member Posts: 116
    Just got the letter in the mail the other day. Passed with an 840! (for zero study time, I'm pretty happy with the score!)
    WIP: MCITP: EA
    70-620 - Done
    70-647 - In Progress
    70-649 - Soon.
  • Options
    joecontrerasjoecontreras Member Posts: 69 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Received my score in the mail today. Scored a 795 which is low but I took the Linux+ exam in the same week and studied mostly for it since I wasn't as familiar with Linux. I didn't pass the Linux+ but I will take this as a pass and be happy with it.
  • Options
    apena7apena7 Member Posts: 351
    Received the letter today and scored a 780.
    That's probably the lowest score to be posted yet, but hey, that's not a bad way to start the new year! :D
    Usus magister est optimus
  • Options
    kriscamaro68kriscamaro68 Member Posts: 1,186 ■■■■■■■□□□
    Finally got the letter today. Passed with a 795. I don't think that's to bad for 30 minutes of study on raid and nothing else.
  • Options
    EssendonEssendon Member Posts: 4,546 ■■■■■■■■■■
    I got a 724, so that was pretty close with no study. Should have passed, but hey it's just a slowTIA cert.

I know it's not too bad a cert to have when you are trying to break into the industry, but doesnt have any effect at the this stage of my career.
    NSX, NSX, more NSX..

Blog >> http://virtual10.com
  • Options
    steve_fsteve_f Member Posts: 97 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I got 850 as well.

I should point out that I probably would have failed the exam if it wasn't for this blog post by JDMurray and the helpful links within.
    http://www.techexams.net/blogs/jdmurray/comptia-server-2009-objectives-where-to-find-it/

Thanks James.
  • Options
    JDMurrayJDMurray Admin Posts: 13,031 Admin
    Glad you liked it. :D I only wish that I had found the time to finished locating links to all the objectives.
  • Options
    steve_f wrote: »
    I got 850 as well.

I should point out that I probably would have failed the exam if it wasn't for this blog post by JDMurray and the helpful links within.
    CompTIA Server+ 2009 Objectives Where-to-find-it | TechExams.net Blogs

Thanks James.

Agreed, I spent a good amount of time going through this blog post before taking the actual exam and found it very informative and helped me make sure I didn't miss anything in my studies.
  • Options
    Non-Profit TechieNon-Profit Techie Member Posts: 418 ■■□□□□□□□□
    anyone know where on the comptia site to order the actual cert? I only see one spot that actually list having server+, but dont see how to order it. Thanks.
  • Options
    steve_fsteve_f Member Posts: 97 ■■□□□□□□□□
  • Options
    NinjaBoyNinjaBoy Member Posts: 968
    NinjaBoy wrote: »
    Good scores, will have a wait a while for my score sheet as I'm in the UK icon_sad.gif

-Ken

830/900 for me :D

-Ken
  • Options
    wd40wd40 Member Posts: 1,017 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Received the letter today, I got 825 :D
  • Options
    I just received another letter from CompTia with a nice color "Server+ Certified" certificate and a Server+ Certified ID card! Glad to see CompTia still does this.
  • Options
    Hyper-MeHyper-Me Banned Posts: 2,059
    I just received another letter from CompTia with a nice color "Server+ Certified" certificate and a Server+ Certified ID card! Glad to see CompTia still does this.

Me too.

It was actually of a pretty decent quality, ill give Comptia a thumbs up on this one.
  • Options
    skrpuneskrpune Member Posts: 1,409
    hrm, no cert yet for me...and no sign of it actually being sent on the CompTIA site either. It shows that my info was sent to "fulfillment" on January 4th, but there's no ship date shown. Yar. I want my new geek card!! icon_lol.gif
    Currently Studying For: Nothing (cert-wise, anyway)
    Next Up: Security+, 291?

Enrolled in Masters program: CS 2011 expected completion
  • Options
    Megadeth4168Megadeth4168 Member Posts: 2,157
    Hyper-Me wrote: »
    Me too.

It was actually of a pretty decent quality, ill give Comptia a thumbs up on this one.

The card was good but I don't like the smaller sized certificates. I ended up just scanning the certificate to a standard size "fit to page" that I can place in my frame to match the other certificates.
  • Options
    wd40wd40 Member Posts: 1,017 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I received the certificate today, It is smaller than what I expected icon_lol.gif