Options

suspicious online recruitment for canada

ladiesman217ladiesman217 Member Posts: 416
My wife has received an email informing her to visit their website and to check for current vacancies. The site indicates the address as Havas Royal Hotel (Canada) 42B Quebec Street, Victoria, British Columbia, V8V 1W7, CANADA. I've already search it and can't find any Havas Hotel in Canada.
Is this a scam or something? Can anyone please enlighten me.
No Sacrifice, No Victory.

Comments

• Options
    Bert McGertBert McGert Member Posts: 122
    I've already search it and can't find any Havas Hotel in Canada. Is this a scam or something? Can anyone please enlighten me.

Dear Ladiesman217,

If the Internet does not allow it to be found, then it simply does not exist.
  • Options
    Dear Ladiesman217,

If the Internet does not allow it to be found, then it simply does not exist.

Thanks Bert. I've browse through their web site and it's like legit but I can't find any info about it on the net. Perhaps some Canadian can confirm if it does exist. The only havas royal hotel I've found is located in turkey icon_rolleyes.gif
  • Options
    skrpuneskrpune Member Posts: 1,409
    it's listed as the Royal Scot Suite Hotel - maybe it's affiliated with or owned by the same people as the Havas Hotel...or maybe it's in a period of ownership change??
    Currently Studying For: Nothing (cert-wise, anyway)
    Next Up: Security+, 291?

Enrolled in Masters program: CS 2011 expected completion
  • Options
    skrpune wrote: »
    it's listed as the Royal Scot Suite Hotel - maybe it's affiliated with or owned by the same people as the Havas Hotel...or maybe it's in a period of ownership change??

You're probably right since they got the same address and the Royal
    thanks.
  • Options
    I've just received an email and now I'm puzzled if this is legit or just a pure scam. The email their using is yahoo.ca but since I think this would be a great opportunity I do not want to jump into conclusion. They want me to appear for an interview overseas and thats so expensive. Do you think they will earn money from if I get there? They have also send me an application for temporary resident visa and air canada booking form.
    please advice.

Dear *********

We appreciate your interest in being employed by our firm.

We are glad to confirm your employment with Havas Royal Hotel Canada.

After many days in reviewing and screening of resumes' and employment application forms made through our web site, you had been listed among employment candidate coming to Canada for interview with Havas Royal Hotel Canada.

Your interview date has been scheduled for (12/06/2009) we advice that you get set for the date.

As an international candidate listed for the interview, kindly fill the below forms and return them via fax or email.

the attached documents contains:

*Havas Royal Hotel Application form (Paper format)
    *Canadian Entry Visa Form
    *Air Ticket Reservation Form

The Job form should be fill and sign, and also the visa forms.

Note: International Visa applicant must ensure to meet all the Immigration visa requirement's.
    Your visa application form will be process here in Canada at the Immigration Department Home Office.

The Immigration Home Office will demand you to provide a (Canadian Personal Health Insurance Certificate) for the periods of your stay.

Please note: Havas Royal Hotel Canada only support you in getting a single entry visa for 6month, just for the propose of attending the interview and possible employment for 3years.

if you pass our interviews or show to us that you are capable of taking the assign Job responsibilities, your application will automatically be approve for employment and staffing, and at this stage we can now start the processing of your Canadian Working/Resident Permits.

our employment is based on contracts' and the minimum contracts agreement you can sign with us is 3years.

the last stage of the screening and interview take 2days, as their are many application forms we received both locally and internationally.

The total numbers of days you will spend at our hotel for the interview is 6days. a guest room had been reserved for you, feeding will be provided, airport pick-up will also be provided by the Hotel.

all below forms should be submitted with copy of your passport.

Once again
    Thanks and have a nice day.

Bill
    HR.Dep
    +1-360-339-4834
    Havas Royal Hotel (Canada)
    Email:employment@havasroyalhotel.com
  • Options
    darkerosxxdarkerosxx Banned Posts: 1,343
    Hi,

You have been accept for great job better than anything you have heard or seen. Give us all your private information and we'll make sure you get what you deserve.

Sincerely,

Serious Employer
  • Options
    My only advice would be to make sure that you bring at least one suitcase full of cash so as to help the Nigerian prince with his Canadian relocation expenses.

All your ladiesman217 are belong to them.
  • Options
    My only advice would be to make sure that you bring at least one suitcase full of cash so as to help the Nigerian prince with his Canadian relocation expenses.

All your ladiesman217 are belong to them.

I'm not from Nigeriaicon_clown.gif
  • Options
    undomielundomiel Member Posts: 2,818
    All of that from a Yahoo address? Has scam written all over it, I'd stay clear. Does it even list a position or the job responsibilities?
    Jumping on the IT blogging band wagon -- http://www.jefferyland.com/
  • Options
    captobviouscaptobvious Member Posts: 648
    Dear *********

We appreciate your interest in being employed by our firm.

We are glad to confirm your employment with Havas Royal Hotel Canada.

After many days in reviewing and screening of resumes' and employment application forms made through our web site, you had been listed among employment candidate coming to Canada for interview with Havas Royal Hotel Canada.

Your interview date has been scheduled for (12/06/2009) we advice that you get set for the date.

As an international candidate listed for the interview, kindly fill the below forms and return them via fax or email.

the attached documents contains:

*Havas Royal Hotel Application form (Paper format)
    *Canadian Entry Visa Form
    *Air Ticket Reservation Form

The Job form should be fill and sign, and also the visa forms.

Note: International Visa applicant must ensure to meet all the Immigration visa requirement's.
    Your visa application form will be process here in Canada at the Immigration Department Home Office.

The Immigration Home Office will demand you to provide a (Canadian Personal Health Insurance Certificate) for the periods of your stay.

Please note: Havas Royal Hotel Canada only support you in getting a single entry visa for 6month, just for the propose of attending the interview and possible employment for 3years.

if you pass our interviews or show to us that you are capable of taking the assign Job responsibilities, your application will automatically be approve for employment and staffing, and at this stage we can now start the processing of your Canadian Working/Resident Permits.

our employment is based on contracts' and the minimum contracts agreement you can sign with us is 3years.

the last stage of the screening and interview take 2days, as their are many application forms we received both locally and internationally.

The total numbers of days you will spend at our hotel for the interview is 6days. a guest room had been reserved for you, feeding will be provided, airport pick-up will also be provided by the Hotel.

all below forms should be submitted with copy of your passport.

Once again
    Thanks and have a nice day.

Bill
    HR.Dep
    +1-360-339-4834
    Havas Royal Hotel (Canada)
    Email:employment@havasroyalhotel.com

Signed just Bill, no last name? Scam!
    Submit all the forms and a copy of your passport? Scam!
    A guest room has been reserved but no mention that it is paid for? Scam!
    if you pass our interviews or show to us that you are capable of taking the assign Job responsibilities, if or never liked that combination. SCAM!
  • Options
    undomiel wrote: »
    All of that from a Yahoo address? Has scam written all over it, I'd stay clear. Does it even list a position or the job responsibilities?

Yes it's all from yahoo mail. At first I thought it's real because their using this email employment@havasroyalhotel.com but when they replied back their using yahoo mail. It's like their using email forwarding,(if that is the correct term). I wonder how they do that? Is it possible to do it in exchange server?
  • Options
    dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    It's easy. I have a half dozen accounts (previous employers, etc.) forwarding to my gmail account.
  • Options
    I'm not from Nigeriaicon_clown.gif

(I like the touch of irony with the use of the clown face, btw...)

Oh man, I can't wait to see where this one goes.

Please keep this thread updated with all of the details of your engagement with the "hotel".

icon_thumright.gif
  • Options
    Super99Super99 Member Posts: 274
    I'd stay away from anything that is outside the US.
    Plus I dont think that Microsoft's copy right laws extend in Canada.
    Everything is backwards there in Canada, great for vacations, nothing more than that.
  • Options
    skrpuneskrpune Member Posts: 1,409
    Super99 wrote: »
    I'd stay away from anything that is outside the US.
    Plus I dont think that Microsoft's copy right laws extend in Canada.
    Everything is backwards there in Canada, great for vacations, nothing more than that.
    Um, what? Are you being serious or facetious? (Sorry, I celebrated cinco de mayo last night and my sarcasm detector seems to be on the fritz today.) If you're being serious, then I repeat...um, WHAT?!
    Currently Studying For: Nothing (cert-wise, anyway)
    Next Up: Security+, 291?

Enrolled in Masters program: CS 2011 expected completion
  • Options
    tierstentiersten Member Posts: 4,505
    It is an obvious scam.

The domain didn't exist until 2nd of May and the website is run off a free website service. Only other mention of that phone number is a spam. The same person registered another fake hotel site.
  • Options
    dianaodianao Member Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I can definitely confirm that the whole Royal Havas website (and the employment offer) is a scam. I live in Victoria, BC and work in the hotel industry, and there is definitely no Havas Royal Hotel here. In fact, at an industry meeting this morning, the General Manager of the Royal Scot Hotel on Quebec St in Victoria, BC (www.royalscot.com) alerted his colleagues that basically all of his hotel's legitimate website content was used to create the phony Havas Royal website. I saw this posting after we were googling the site to see first hand what he was referrring to. Luckily, there are savvy people on this site who can spot a scam a mile away, but I just thought I'd confirm the suspicions!
  • Options
    KaminskyKaminsky Member Posts: 1,235
    In the immortal words of Monty Python in Holy Grail..... "Run Away... Run Away..."
    Kam.
  • Options
    xquisite.mexquisite.me Member Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I too recieved the email for employemnt and its scam ppl should not follow them:
    i also received an email before from another hotel from montreal which was fake as well.

Hi
    we are glad to notify you about our current update..

Havas Royal Hotel - Canada is seeking for reliable and dedicate men & women to apply for the job vacancy listed below.

we are seeking for male and female currently resident in any of the following counties UAE,Philippine,India,Pakistan and the rest of Middle East for prompt employment.

**For Job Opportunities and online application; Please visit the last page on our web site**

current job vacancy had been posted on our web site.

*Room Cleaner
    *Room Attendant
    *Office Assistant
    *Sales Assistant
    *Receptionist
    *IT Assistant
    *Security Officer
    *Food Store Manager
    *Swimming Pool Attendant
    *Phone Attendant
    *Account Assistant

Benefits:
    Accomodation & Home Management throughout the duration of your Term.
    Transport Facilities will be provided.

Eligibility
    Interested individual should send an application to the info@havasroyalhotel.com

***Your email address is sign up to receive email update from our web site (www.havasroyalhotel.com) Please read our privacy policy for information about our email policies.**

You have further obligation but if you continue to receive emails from us and believe that your email address is being used without your permission please send an email to
    ***remove-my-email@havasroyalhotel.com***
  • Options
    Paul BozPaul Boz Member Posts: 2,620 ■■■■■■■■□□
    If you can't spot that that's a scam from OUTER SPACE you shouldn't be using the internet.

1.) Broken english
    2.) No real full name provided
    3.) Contact is providing phishing documents for you to fill out
    4.) Location doesn't sound real
    5.) Offers don't work like that.
    CCNP | CCIP | CCDP | CCNA, CCDA
    CCNA Security | GSEC |GCFW | GCIH | GCIA
    pbosworth@gmail.com
    http://twitter.com/paul_bosworth
    Blog: http://www.infosiege.net/
  • Options
    veritas_libertasveritas_libertas Member Posts: 5,746 ■■■■■■■■■■
    RUN!!! Looks like it was written in India.
  • Options
    bwcartybwcarty Member Posts: 422 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Help eradicate blood cancers with a donation to the Leukemia & Lymphoma Society.
  • Options
    mrmcmintmrmcmint Member Posts: 492 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Kaminsky wrote: »
    In the immortal words of Monty Python in Holy Grail..... "Run Away... Run Away..."

Hahahahaha excellent!
    Paul Boz wrote: »
    If you can't spot that that's a scam from OUTER SPACE you shouldn't be using the internet.

1.) Broken english
    2.) No real full name provided
    3.) Contact is providing phishing documents for you to fill out
    4.) Location doesn't sound real
    5.) Offers don't work like that.

+1
  • Options
    networker050184networker050184 Mod Posts: 11,962 Mod
    If you fall for some crap like that you deserve to get taken for all you are worth.
    An expert is a man who has made all the mistakes which can be made.
  • Options
    Super99Super99 Member Posts: 274
    I'm serious.
    I heard that Canada's law are different on Microsoft licensing becuase its a totally different country. That makes scence because its like trying to file a law suite against somone in Japan.
  • Options
    GT-RobGT-Rob Member Posts: 1,090
    What on earth does Microsoft's licensing laws have to do with anything?

You are right though. Canada really serves no purpose to anyone other than the odd vacation destination. With the dollar close to US, and unemployment rate less than the US, you can understand why people are fleeing to the states (probably to buy some your $100 houses and $500k stadiums).

Not to hijack, I will also say the word scam ;)