Options

70-649 scheduled this Saturday

Well I finally scheduled the exam for Saturday afternoon. Any suggestions for topics I should make sure I got down, look over again? I plan on hitting the lab extra hard this week. Since my lab is hosted at work (7 or 8 2008 servers, 2 or 3 Win Vista clients) it's served me well (despite a WDS issue i couldn't resolve).

Anyway any pointers on things I should double check? Revisit?

I've been scoring about 80-85% on SelfTestSoftware and I'm pretty confident. Worse case I signed up using my secondshot voucher but it would be awesome to pass it first go 'round and put me on my goal of hitting SA and/or EA by the end of the summer. icon_smile.gif

Thanks!

Comments

• Options
    bertiebbertieb Member Posts: 1,031 ■■■■■■□□□□
    My colleague (and fellow techexams member, dave0212) did this and said it's pretty straightforward for an MCSE who has studied the new features.

No advice from me (I'm doing this on the 18th so I'll be looking at you for comments ;) ), but just wanted to say good luck!
    The trouble with quotes on the internet is that you can never tell if they are genuine - Abraham Lincoln
  • Options
    Tyrant1919Tyrant1919 Member Posts: 519 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I scored surprisingly high considering how much I studied for this thing. I pretty much only covered NAP and RODC and was good for the most part. Considering I recently got my MCSE, everything was relatively fresh. As long as your MCSE knowledge is good, you'll do awesome.
    A+/N+/S+/L+/Svr+
    MCSA:03/08/12/16 MCSE:03s/EA08/Core Infra
    CCNA
  • Options
    SRTMCSESRTMCSE Member Posts: 249
    Yeah, I've been hearing that it's pretty straightforward myself. Just getting those pre-test jitters. It's been a while since I got my MCSE (recently printed out my MS transcript and totally forgot it was Feb 2005 when I completed it...seems like a lifetime ago haha).

Pretty solid on most topics, going to go back over the material I have in my VM network. I still got the second shot so that takes a little bit of the pressure off. So passing it first or second time around is key, especially since my employer only reimburses for passes.
  • Options
    jamesp1983jamesp1983 Member Posts: 2,475 ■■■■□□□□□□
    how'd you do?
    "Check both the destination and return path when a route fails." "Switches create a network. Routers connect networks."
  • Options
    I passed, 812. Breakdown on the 3 sections was...

70-642 - 812
    70-640 - 1000
    70-643 - 910

The 70-642 section only had 9 questions, so I didn't do too bad considering. Test was rather easy, but I think I lucked out and got an easier pool. Didn't get the harder questions (for example, no ipv6, no appcmd, no wds questions) that I was expecting.
  • Options
    dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Nice job! On to 647?
  • Options
    jamesp1983jamesp1983 Member Posts: 2,475 ■■■■□□□□□□
    SRTMCSE wrote: »
    I passed, 812. Breakdown on the 3 sections was...

70-642 - 812
    70-640 - 1000
    70-643 - 910

The 70-642 section only had 9 questions, so I didn't do too bad considering. Test was rather easy, but I think I lucked out and got an easier pool. Didn't get the harder questions (for example, no ipv6, no appcmd, no wds questions) that I was expecting.

oh okay. congrats!! I'm not looking forward to anything about appcmd or wds.
    "Check both the destination and return path when a route fails." "Switches create a network. Routers connect networks."
  • Options
    dynamik wrote: »
    Nice job! On to 647?

Yup, just got my books in for 70-647 and 70-620. Should have EA wrapped up before the end of the summer at the very latest although I'm shooting for end of June/beginning of July.
  • Options
    JordusJordus Banned Posts: 336
    Why is everyone having a hard time with WDS?

Its one of my favorite topics, so i might be bias...but ive never really seen it as being difficult. Nowhere near the complexity of NAP or certificates, etc.
  • Options
    Personally, it's just one of those technologies that I have just never used at work in any capacity, WDS or RIS for that matter. At every company we generally use Ghost for PCs and HP Rapid Deployment for servers. Plus it's been a PITA getting it to work properly in a fully virtualized evironment, at least on our lab ESXi hosts here at work.
  • Options
    JordusJordus Banned Posts: 336
    Ive never really had a problem with it working.

Ive even done it in Hyper-v numerous times, but then again thats not ESX.