Options

Failed AGAIN!

This makes my second fail on this exam. This time I managed to get a 682. Could I get any closer without passing?

It so agravating and to top it off, the machine locked up a few times; even at the end of my exam when I had some time left. The screen went white for few minutes. I should have know there were problems when the machine barely loaded the exam (what the instrustor said) and even had me down for the 293 and 294 at the same time this morning.

Nevertheless, I feel like a complete failure.

Comments

• Options
    dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    This makes my second fail on this exam. This time I managed to get a 682. Could I get any closer without passing?

I don't think so; I'm pretty sure that's one question.

Nevertheless, I feel like a complete failure.

A fail always sucks, but don't be so hard on yourself. Many people consider this to be the hardest exam in the track, and you barely missed it. Brush up on your week areas, and kill it next time icon_twisted.gif
  • Options
    whatthehellwhatthehell Member Posts: 920
    Don't worry! icon_wink.gif

Like I have said in other posts, I have failed the Security + twice (though I could have studied way harder) and I am still planning to take it in the next month or two. I know the feeling of a fail sux big time, but you gotta brush it off and try again!

Good luck! icon_thumright.gif
    2017 Goals:
    [ ] Security + [ ] 74-409 [ ] CEH
    Future Goals:
    TBD
  • Options
    ElwoodBluesElwoodBlues Member Posts: 117
    I am not even sure where to begin. One that I know I missed, I am confused on what they are asking me to do. They want me to acomplish a task, but then tell me that I cannot "fix it" to acomplish it. That's all I can say without getting into the NDA.

I felt like I knew the material pretty well. I really do not know how to improve on the topics.
    icon_sad.gif
  • Options
    JBrownJBrown Member Posts: 308
    Me too, me too. :)

682 is not embarrassing as 484

Failed with 484 ??! Could not believe my eyes. This exam had nothing close to 291, which I passed with 810. This one had a lot of clustering, certificates, RADIUS and Security templates.
  • Options
    FishOnAHFishOnAH Member Posts: 55 ■■□□□□□□□□
    That sucks you failed by so little, but you were SO close to passing, atleast you know it is easily within your graps. I've got my first attempt at the 70-293 coming on in 2 days...I feel like it could go either way. Just going review the next couple of days icon_study.gif and hope for the best!
  • Options
    motogpmanmotogpman Member Posts: 412
    Man,, sorry to hear Elwood, but don't give up!!!! I have felt the same "so close" and it is gut wrenching, but I try to be honest with myself and realize that I probably need to be stronger in some topics. Guess I call it self "tough love." I am going to assume that you rechedule it before the June 30 deadline?
    -WIP- (70-294 and 297)

Once MCSE 2k3 completed:

WGU: BS in IT, Design/Management

Finish MCITP:EA, CCNA, PMP by end of 2012

After that, take a much needed vacation!!!!!
  • Options
    genXrcistgenXrcist Member Posts: 531
    Not to worry Elwood, 3rd times a charm!! It is gut-wrenching to Fail an exam so I feel ur pain there. That being said, it's gonna feel even better to pass it when you do!!!

Re-read the chapters on PKI/Clustering(NLB)/Certificates etc. You'll probably pick up material that you missed the first couple of go-arounds. :)

You're only a failure if you never try again.
    1) CCNP Goal: by August 2012
  • Options
    Super99Super99 Member Posts: 274
    Elwood:
    What study material are you using?
    Try a different type of material like Transcender and Braindumps?
    Also, I've noticed that with the XP test, they pretty much hint towards what kind of answer they want. You know what I mean?
  • Options
    bertiebbertieb Member Posts: 1,031 ■■■■■■□□□□
    Super99 wrote:
    Elwood:
    What study material are you using?
    Try a different type of material like Transcender and Braindumps?
    Also, I've noticed that with the XP test, they pretty much hint towards what kind of answer they want. You know what I mean?

I agree with the Transcender option, but recommending cheating (using braindumps and the like) has no place on these forums.
    The trouble with quotes on the internet is that you can never tell if they are genuine - Abraham Lincoln
  • Options
    Bertieb:
    Oh my bad, I didn't know its cheating. I'm just recommending him some tips from forums here that I've learned.. I myself use Measure up, Testout, and Transcender. I've never used braindumps. I didnt know it was "cheating" or I wouldn't have recommended it.
    Hmm, you learn something new everyday.
    Thanks Bertieb.
  • Options
  • Options
    Dynamik:
    Thanks for that info. I was wondering how sites can promise 100% pass guarantee.
    It sounded to good to be true. I mainly use Testout and Transcender. I've heard that Transcender is very close to braindumps icon_sad.gif
    My employer buys me Testout and we have record of that, no harm and I'll be ok.
    Plus I've been doing IT for over 9 yrs now. I know the ins and outs of the Windows XP. Learning the Ins and out of Server 2003.
  • Options
    Transcender basically offered braindumps in the NT4-era, but they have abandoned that type of material (do in no small part to pressure from MS; most of the **** sites are in Russia, China, or India). I use them for all my exams and often recommend them to others. You can use that CertGuard site to check the validity of resources.
  • Options
    Thanks Dynamik.
    Now to think of it. It makes me mad. I ran into a tech at work years ago. He always rubbed the fact that he had an MCP in Window 2000. But the guy couldn't get into the registry. Now I see how he did it, and he' only cheated himself, because he's gone.
  • Options
    ElwoodBluesElwoodBlues Member Posts: 117
    I have transcenders now and I will use it to prep for the 293 retake. I find Transcenders to be a better format than what I was previously using.
  • Options
    FishOnAHFishOnAH Member Posts: 55 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I use Transcenders and they seem to be a good representation of the type of questions that will be asked and if you can use Transcender and explain why each wrong answer is wrong and each correct answer is correct you will perform well on the exam itself.
  • Options
    TravR1TravR1 Member Posts: 332
    This is not an easy test, not at all. I think most people probably fail this one the first time. Failing an exam is not a failure in my opinion it's just being delayed. The only failure is giving up.

If you haven't used the Exam Cram for this test, try that. It's cheap, informative, and comes with a lot of practice questions.
    Austin Community College, certificate of completion: C++ Programming.
    Sophomore - Computer Science, Mathematics
  • Options
    TravR1TravR1 Member Posts: 332
    For some reason I thought I was in the 270 forum.

I don't know anything about this test.
    Austin Community College, certificate of completion: C++ Programming.
    Sophomore - Computer Science, Mathematics
  • Options
    Tyrant1919Tyrant1919 Member Posts: 519 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Failures will happen. I've failed three exams during my trec. 670 on 299, and a 687 on 236. and like 40 pts short my first Server+ exam (Don't underestimate the fact they want you to know all the scsi speeds!)
    A+/N+/S+/L+/Svr+
    MCSA:03/08/12/16 MCSE:03s/EA08/Core Infra
    CCNA