Options

DTE/DCE Crossover Cables

CiscoGreekCiscoGreek Member Posts: 43 ■■□□□□□□□□
Hi, was wondering a quick question - im looking to buy the cable below to use with 2600s and 1700s with WIC-1ts and was wondering how many do you usually need?

HD60.jpg

thanks!!! icon_cool.gif

Comments

• Options
    kryollakryolla Member Posts: 785
    well how many wic1t cards do you have
    Studying for CCIE and drinking Home Brew
  • Options
    blackninjablackninja Member Posts: 385
    CiscoGreek wrote: »
    Hi, was wondering a quick question - im looking to buy the cable below to use with 2600s and 1700s with WIC-1ts and was wondering how many do you usually need?

HD60.jpg

thanks!!! icon_cool.gif

You will need 1 cable for every pair of serials ports up are connnecting together.

e.g. 2 routers each with 2 wic-1t cards - therfore you wil need 2 cables
    Currently studying:
    CCIE R&S - using INE workbooks & videos

Currently reading:
    Everything. Twice ;)
  • Options
    captobviouscaptobvious Member Posts: 648

HD60.jpg

thanks!!! icon_cool.gif
    Really? How many cables to make a serial link? this has to be a joke! icon_lol.gif
  • Options
    CiscoGreekCiscoGreek Member Posts: 43 ■■□□□□□□□□
    LOL what i meant was how many serial connections would i need to emulate? i know i need one per set of routers... from peoples previous experience how many serial connections did you ever setup during CCNA.. i think thats better wording!
  • Options
    blackninjablackninja Member Posts: 385
    LOL what i meant was how many serial connections would i need to emulate? i know i need one per set of routers... from peoples previous experience how many serial connections did you ever setup during CCNA.. i think thats better wording!

Depends on what lab you building,. For CCNA the most I use in a single lab is for frame relay, using 3 routers and the cloud - 3 cables.

But my lab at home i use five - four routers in FR and a p2p link
    Currently studying:
    CCIE R&S - using INE workbooks & videos

Currently reading:
    Everything. Twice ;)
  • Options
    captobviouscaptobvious Member Posts: 648
    blackninja wrote: »
    Depends on what lab you building,. For CCNA the most I use in a single lab is for frame relay, using 3 routers and the cloud - 3 cables.

But my lab at home i use five - four routers in FR and a p2p link

+1

It depends on the network you're trying to lab up!