Options

Where did the time go?

FishOnAHFishOnAH Member Posts: 55 ■■□□□□□□□□
Well, I had my first fail this morning.... 50 questions and 2.5 hours later…628. icon_redface.gif I have never ran out of time on a test before today. I felt really confident about 1/2 way into the test, I had only marked 3 items for review, but somewhere between 1/2 and 3/4 I lost a lot of time and I spent the last 1/4 to 1/3 of the test not being able to devote enough time to fully understanding each question. Perhaps with more studying I can learn to understand what they are asking more quickly. I felt like I knew the concepts they were asking, just felt rushed towards the end. It was especially annoying that in between a few of the questions I had about a 1-2 minute delay instead of the typical 10 second delay I’ve experienced on the last few MS exams. Didn’t eat up a lot of time but didn’t help my stress level either…no one’s fault but my own though.

I will say I had about 6 or 7 sims and a few drag and drops on top of those. Lots of NLB and CA questions on mine . Well, thank goodness for second shot offers! I’ve got some travel coming up, but I’m going to try to fit it in by the end of the month.

Comments

• Options
    Daniel333Daniel333 Member Posts: 2,077 ■■■■■■□□□□
    Sorry to hear that man. I am hoping to take this one sometime next month myself.

I am sure you'll snag this one next time around now that you can move a little quicker through it.
    -Daniel
  • Options
    Big JizayBig Jizay Member Posts: 269
    Sorry to hear about the fail icon_sad.gif. From what I've seen here on Techexams, most people fail this test on the first try. Even people who received high scores on the 291. The running out of time thing seems common as well. Don't feel bad though. You have the second shot, so no real harm done icon_smile.gif. Use the printout from after the test and study your weaker areas. You'll pass it next time icon_thumright.gif
    The only thing that can stop you is you

Currently studying for 70-293
  • Options
    genXrcistgenXrcist Member Posts: 531
    This is definitely a disturbing pattern that we're all going to have to break. :) I think we had the same test and it appears a lot of other's are getting the 50 Q exam as well. It really does take all that time simply cuz the questions are soooo long and bloated! Ugh!

Well, here's hoping that the 2nd shot try gives us a different exam. I'm comfy on the topics now too and in fact, at this point I'm just re-re-re-reviewing.

No worries. Don't dwell on it too much and use the sting as a motivator to crush the exam next time.

No Mercy.
    1) CCNP Goal: by August 2012
  • Options
    FishOnAHFishOnAH Member Posts: 55 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Thanks for the encouragement guys...I'll raise a glass to those words!
    No Mercyicon_exclaim.gif
  • Options
    ElwoodBluesElwoodBlues Member Posts: 117
    Time flys when you are having fun, right?
    :D

Well, I'm sure you didn't find it very fun once you found out your score. I too ran out of time the first time; the second time I figured up my averarge time per question and I was able to manage it much better. I am sure you will be more aware this next time and will have no problem addressing the time issue and passing the exam.

Just keep focused and you will do fine on the 2nd shot.