Options

Thoughts and Advice for CCENT

haneyhaney Member Posts: 20 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hello,

I am currently registered to take the CCENT exam later this month.
I am using the following tools to prepare for the exam

ICND 1 (Cisco Press) & free Boson exam Sim that came with the book
Exam Cram's CCENT book
Transcender
Boson Net Sim labs

I feel like I am really getting a handle on the material, but I am afraid that I am beginning to memorize all of the questions for the transcender test.

I have only taken about 80 questions on the boson test I am scoring usually around 600 - 750 (broken up into two tests, 40 questions each).

Does anyone who has taken the test have any thoughts or advice?

Comments

• Options
    blackninjablackninja Member Posts: 385
    Know subnetting back to front. Try and practice until you can do it without thinking about the machanics of "how to subnet" in around 20 seconds. If you can do this it will give a lot more time thinking about the questions.

If you've not been before check out: subnettingquestions.com

Try and use this site for 15 minutes 3 - 4 times per day and you'll be a subnetting master in no time ;)

I used CBT nuggets for my CCNA (didn't do ICND1), if you can get hold of a copy it's fantasic!
    Currently studying:
    CCIE R&S - using INE workbooks & videos

Currently reading:
    Everything. Twice ;)
  • Options
    haneyhaney Member Posts: 20 ■□□□□□□□□□
    blackninja wrote: »
    Know subnetting back to front. Try and practice until you can do it without thinking about the machanics of "how to subnet" in around 20 seconds. If you can do this it will give a lot more time thinking about the questions.

Try and use this site for 15 minutes 3 - 4 times per day and you'll be a subnetting master in no time ;)

I used CBT nuggets for my CCNA (didn't do ICND1), if you can get hold of a copy it's fantasic!

Thanks. I feel pretty good about subnetting, but I have not tried that website yet. I will give it a shot.
  • Options
    luke_bibbyluke_bibby Member Posts: 162
    As someone who took the 2-exam CCNA path, I can't stress enough how important it is to make sure you review the exam blueprint and see where your at with each dot point:

640-822 ICND1 - IT Certification and Career Paths - Cisco Systems

If theres some area you think you are weak on (e.g. Wireless security protocols) maybe review some more and test only on those areas for a few hours or so
  • Options
    captobviouscaptobvious Member Posts: 648
    luke_bibby wrote: »
    As someone who took the 2-exam CCNA path, I can't stress enough how important it is to make sure you review the exam blueprint and see where your at with each dot point:

640-822 ICND1 - IT Certification and Career Paths - Cisco Systems

If theres some area you think you are weak on (e.g. Wireless security protocols) maybe review some more and test only on those areas for a few hours or so
    +1 Knowing you are confident in all areas helps on test day!
    blackninja wrote: »

Try and use this site for 15 minutes 3 - 4 times per day and you'll be a subnetting master in no time icon_wink.gif

I used CBT nuggets for my CCNA (didn't do ICND1), if you can get hold of a copy it's fantasic! Today 06:58 PM
    +1 This can't be stressed enough!