Options

PASSED A+ Core Today... Also, some info for others...

amystriamystri Member Posts: 21 ■□□□□□□□□□
I thought I had done much better but who knows how their scoring system really is?? icon_confused.gif: A quick background, I used to work a while back for in the Tech Support Department for 2 years in a company that made Video Cards, Memory, CDR/W's, USB devices and so one so I had some experience under my belt but needed to brush up after layoffs happened almost 2 years ago. Anyways, back on topic...

I passed the A+ Core today with a score of 649.icon_lol.gificon_lol.gif

The test was relatively straight forward with no "tricky" questions as some have had on their exam. No DMA questions, 2 or 3 IRQ questions, basic networking questions like cable lengths & connector types, no I/O questions, a couple of processor questions (1-2), simple Firewire and USB questions and ONLY 1 SCSI question as well as 1 question on IrDa. Oh yeah, most questions were scenario questions on ESD, Harddrive configuartion etc...

FOR THOSE THAT HAVE NOT TAKEN THE TEST YET: Study everything your little hands get get a hold of and make sure to KEEP IT SIMPLE meaning don't over think things as this test is not that in depth. The TechNotes on this site are very usefull and do all the practice questions you can get your hands on. I was surpised at how many questions on the exam were ALMOST identical to some of the questions on practive exams found online.

HOW I STUDIED: Mike Meyers All In One Fifth Edition, the Mike Meyers Passport Second Edition, the Technotes on this site and the most helpful was the Free Examdrill A+ Core test from www.examdrill.com.

Now, off to study for next weeks OS Exam!!!

Thanks,
CD

P.S. - NEVER AND I MEAN NEVER USE BRAINDUMPS. REASON BEING, THAT IT IS CONSIDERED CHEATING AND MOST ANSWERS ON BRAINDUMOS ARE WROOONNGGGGG!!!

Comments