Options

Cisco IGS router/bridge

jmc012jmc012 Member Posts: 134
I decided my lab needed one of these so I bought one off of e-bay, I wonder what routing protocols it runs? I guess RIP was around back in those days.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=300310756716

Comments

• Options

One thing about Cisco, they sure are great with their manuals. It didn't think about them having documentation that old.
  • Options
    captobviouscaptobvious Member Posts: 648
    jmc012 wrote: »
    One thing about Cisco, they sure are great with their manuals. It didn't think about them having documentation that old.
    Yeah when in doubt I always hit Cisco website. Great repository of information there!
  • Options
    tierstentiersten Member Posts: 4,505
    I decided my lab needed one of these so I bought one off of e-bay
    Uh. Needed for what exactly? That box is ancient...
  • Options
    tierstentiersten Member Posts: 4,505
    Yeah... Not too sure I'd agree with you on this one. The website is terrible now after the multiple changes they've made. Lots of dead links and information that just seems to have disappeared. Don't even get me started on the doc CD...
  • Options
    tiersten wrote: »

Huh, it's only 20 years old or so. icon_smile.gif Actually I was reading about the history of Cisco and thought I would see if I could find one.
  • Options
    tiersten wrote: »

Looks like it's going to work good with my other routers, I configured OSPF and it works fine. You get good practice when you go into global config, there doesn't seem to be any help with the ? mark. If you don't know the right commands your out of luck. It's kind of like taking a test. icon_smile.gif Here is the show version:

antique#show version
    IGS-R Software, Version 9.0(1), SOFTWARE
    Copyright (c) 1986-1992 by cisco Systems, Inc.
    Compiled Wed 22-Apr-92 16:43 by block

System Bootstrap, Version 4.5(1), SOFTWARE

antique uptime is 33 minutes
    System restarted by power-on
    Running default software

cisco IGS (68020) processor (revision I) with 4096K/512K bytes of memory.
    Processor board serial number 00491975
    2 Ethernet/IEEE 802.3 interface.
    16K bytes of non-volatile configuration memory.
    Configuration register is 0x101
  • Options
    REDLINE2REDLINE2 Member Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
    History of cisco ...a wife and husband team wanted to connect main frame computer to another computer main frame I am not sure if it was the man or wife who worked on the physical application then the protocol to communicate and since they lived in san francisco thus "cisco"
    After they divorced they went out on there seperate paths she still owns
    the cosmetic company called Urban Cosmetic owned by the wife of the cisco name c is lower case always.

used hdlc in its primitive years,or was it ppp I can't remembericon_redface.gif

is'nt that something in love spranged....is there such a word as spranged....."cisco".

I just thought I might add that.....being too digital all the time is so mechanical.

bye the way..... I saw star trek the movie good movie I like that captain kirk he fits in well,the Man.