CCNP Lab PDU

clamzclamz Member Posts: 28 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hey, I'm building a CCNP lab, just purchased a 20U rack and I'm thinking about power. I was wondering what people are buying for their UPS PDU's? Is there a cheap product out there that offers a sufficient amount of power for 20u devices?

Comments

• jason_lundejason_lunde Member Posts: 567
    Try to find one that you can control through a web browser, ssh, telnet, etc...so that you can boot up your rack from afar!!:) (like at work when you get bored).
  • Panzer919Panzer919 Member Posts: 462
    Try to find one that you can control through a web browser, ssh, telnet, etc...so that you can boot up your rack from afar!!:) (like at work when you get bored).

I second that! its nice to be at work and just turn all outlets on and in a few minutes its play time!

I first used them at work, we use them for hospitality solutions when switches lock up. nice in a lab too if you screw something up you just reboot the outlet.
    Cisco Brat Blog

I think “very senior” gets stuck in there because the last six yahoos that applied for the position couldn’t tell a packet from a Snickers bar.

Luck is where opportunity and proper planning meet

I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work.
    Thomas A. Edison
  • clamzclamz Member Posts: 28 ■□□□□□□□□□
    You guys rock, thanks for the responses. I can totally see myself wanting to boot up the rack from work and mess around! Any specific models that you guys recommend?