Options

Passed 70-649

Took 70-649 this afternoon and did pretty good, score 812. The breakdown was:

70-642 - 812
70-640 - 1000
70-643 - 910

As far as what I used, I used the Syngress book, which as everyone says is lacking in A LOT of areas. I also used the Intro. to Windows Server 2008 book, but not real heavily, I read it when 2008 was still in Beta and skimmed it again. I did a lot of reading on Technet and used a lab of VMs (5 2008 servers of different editions, core/full and a few Vista VMs). I also used Self Test Software to practice, which was harder than the actual exam, in my opinion. I've always used Self Test software and this is usually true, for both Microsoft and Cisco exams.

Only had 9 questions in the 70-642 section, total of 44 questions. Finished it in about 30 minutes, didn't rush but I generally go with my gut feeling and figure if I don't know it I just don't know it.

A lot of questions on Terminal Services, more on monitoring performance than I expected. Not a lot of command line, I prepared heavily for that. Only a handful of IIS questions. Next on my list is either SA or EA, haven't decided yet.

Comments

• Options
    BradHBradH Member Posts: 160
    Nicely done! I believe that as you have passed that test you should now be qualified as an SA?

Those three components are the ones I am going at the moment and I have 70-62 and 70-643 to complete before I am also an SA.
    EA Path - 70-643 - Passed - 70-680 - Passed - 70-647 - To Complete
  • Options
    NinjaBoyNinjaBoy Member Posts: 968
    Congrats on the pass :)

-Ken
  • Options
    astorrsastorrs Member Posts: 3,139 ■■■■■■□□□□
    Nicely done! I believe that as you have passed that test you should now be qualified as an SA?

Those three components are the ones I am going at the moment and I have 70-62 and 70-643 to complete before I am also an SA.

You'll need to take the PRO level 70-646 exam as well for the SA (647 for the EA)
  • Options
    SRTMCSESRTMCSE Member Posts: 249
    Thanks guys. Yes, I still need to take 70-647 for SA and 70-620 and 70-646 for EA. Haven't decided which one I'm going for next. Took a practice test for 70-646 and actually found it a bit easier than 70-647, but I'm going to give myself a week before I start anything serious. My goal is to have either one (EA or SA) done before the end of the summer.

On my way in to work tonight I was thinking that I sort of lucked out on this test, it was way easier than I had thought it would be. From all my exams for my MCSE, I only got 1 or 2 questions related to WSUS, on this exam alone I got between 4-5. Didn't get anything but multiple choice, 1 answer (not even a "Choose all that apply").

I did want to put my first through the screen at the end of the exam when I got to the survey, thank God it was optional and I was able to skip it.

Anyone who lives in NY, I highly suggest you go to the Prometric Testing Center at 1 Penn Plaza. One of the nicest centers I've been to (and they're open Saturday), even had firing range style ear protection if you wanted it, came in real handy since a girl behind me was taking some typing test and it was very distracting. Put those bad boys on and I didn't even know she was there LOL.
  • Options
    jamesp1983jamesp1983 Member Posts: 2,475 ■■■■□□□□□□
    congrats!!
    "Check both the destination and return path when a route fails." "Switches create a network. Routers connect networks."