Options

Sit 70-649 before you are MCSE 2003?

Hey Guys/Grlz,

Anyone here know if its possible to book and sit this exam before you are actually MCSE?

Im one exam away (70-297) however I'm currently working on some server 2008 projects at work and attending instructor-led courses which closely follow this exam.

Since I am getting hands on with this now I was thinking doing 70-649 then going back and completing 70-297 for MCSE.. Anyone done it this way before? Will MS let me?

Thanks for your time! =)

Rev.

Comments

• Options
    WanBoy67WanBoy67 Member Posts: 225
    Haven't seen many people do it. But you are perfectly able to do it in any way you wish. No compulsory order exists, just a logical ordering of the exams. 70-297 is mostly AD related, so I doubt you are going to miss too much and what you might miss should be covered within the content for the 70-649 exam. You can take 70-297 afterwards and you'll qualify for both MCSE & MCITP:EA. You might want to double check things by emailing the MCP helpdesk.

http://www.microsoft.com/learning/support/worldsites.mspx
    Yes we can, yes we can...
  • Options
    RevenueRevenue Member Posts: 130
    Great, Thanks for the reply :) Looks like its possible!
    Exam 70-649 is intended for IT professionals who currently hold an MCSE on Windows Server 2003 certification and work in the complex computing environment of medium to large companies. The MCSE on Windows Server 2003 is a prerequisite for this exam. Without it, your transcript will show that you passed the exam but will not show credit for the resulting certifications.