Options

ASDM issue... no Hit count

mikearamamikearama Member Posts: 749
Yeah, that pretty much sums it up.

Our external Active/Standby ASA's (2 pairs) show the hit count no problem. When I mouse over the Hits column in the Access Rules page, I get the expected stats and "Update Interval: Every 30 seconds". They are running in single context mode.

The internal DMZ Active/Standby ASA's (another 2 pairs) have the issue. They are running in multi-context mode... 3 contexts each. When I mouse over the Hits column I get the "Update Interval: Every 30 seconds" message for the first 30 seconds, but when it should update, the message changes to "Update Status: Connection Lost". Meanwhile, the Home page shows the Syslog messages arriving as normal, and the traffic and resources graphs fill in as expected.

I checked our syslog server, and it too continues to receive alerts. The ASDM is set to receive Warnings, while the syslog server gets Notifications.

I'd sure appreciate it if you ASA techies have a clue where I need to look to solve this "connection lost" issue as it pertains to the Hits counters. An hour of googling and cisco searching hasn't helped.

Mike
There are only 10 kinds of people... those who understand binary, and those that don't.

CCIE Studies: Written passed: Jan 21/12 Lab Prep: Hours reading: 385. Hours labbing: 110

Taking a time-out to add the CCVP. Capitalizing on a current IPT pilot project.