Options

Doing CCNA (Voice) after CCNP

rakemrakem Member Posts: 800
So with all these new exams that have come out recently i.e. CCNA wireless CCNA Voice, would it be worth it to go back and do them after one had completed the CCNP??

Or would most of the topics in the CCNA levels be covered in the CCNP track?
CCIE# 38186
showroute.net

Comments

• Options
    ColbyGColbyG Member Posts: 1,264
    I did the CCNA: Voice while I was in the middle of the CCNP. I was unemployed at the time and figured it would look good on my resume. The Voice exam has some overlap with ONT and BCMSN, but there is definitely a lot of information in IIUC that you won't see on any of the NP exams.

I can't really attest to the value of the CCNA: V, I don't think it'd done much for me, but it definitely hasn't hurt.
  • Options
    nelnel Member Posts: 2,859 ■□□□□□□□□□
    rakem wrote: »
    So with all these new exams that have come out recently i.e. CCNA wireless CCNA Voice, would it be worth it to go back and do them after one had completed the CCNP??

Or would most of the topics in the CCNA levels be covered in the CCNP track?

I think that depends on what you want to do next. If you are going to go for another track (VP,DP etc) then i would crack on and begin working on the track you want.
    I did the CCNA: Voice while I was in the middle of the CCNP. I was unemployed at the time and figured it would look good on my resume. The Voice exam has some overlap with ONT and BCMSN, but there is definitely a lot of information in IIUC that you won't see on any of the NP exams.

I can't really attest to the value of the CCNA: V, I don't think it'd done much for me, but it definitely hasn't hurt.

You'll probably see the value once you achieve the professional track. It seems to be the case with the other tracks to from my experiance. Although it never hurts to have at last the entry level certs for other tracks.
    Xbox Live: Bring It On

Bsc (hons) Network Computing - 1st Class
    WIP: Msc advanced networking
  • Options
    ColbyGColbyG Member Posts: 1,264
    nel wrote: »
    I think that depends on what you want to do next. If you are going to go for another track (VP,DP etc) then i would crack on and begin working on the track you want.

You'll probably see the value once you achieve the professional track. It seems to be the case with the other tracks to from my experiance. Although it never hurts to have at last the entry level certs for other tracks.

I have the CCNP lol, I'm already at the Pro level. Still haven't seen much value in the NA: Voice... but as I said, it surely hasn't hurt.
  • Options
    nelnel Member Posts: 2,859 ■□□□□□□□□□
    ColbyNA wrote: »
    I have the CCNP lol, I'm already at the Pro level. Still haven't seen much value in the NA: Voice... but as I said, it surely hasn't hurt.

Yeah, i could see that lol.

I was referring to the voice side of things. Not the data side.
    Xbox Live: Bring It On

Bsc (hons) Network Computing - 1st Class
    WIP: Msc advanced networking
  • Options
    mikearamamikearama Member Posts: 749
    nel wrote: »
    I was referring to the voice side of things. Not the data side.

I did the same via the security route... after getting my NP, I added the CCNA:Sec. Still coulda snuck in the SND, but jumped at the chance to go with the latest en route to the CCSP.

If you're heading toward the VP, then the CCNA:Voice is a great start. Course, after June 23rd, it's all moot, cause you won't have a choice.
    There are only 10 kinds of people... those who understand binary, and those that don't.

CCIE Studies: Written passed: Jan 21/12 Lab Prep: Hours reading: 385. Hours labbing: 110

Taking a time-out to add the CCVP. Capitalizing on a current IPT pilot project.
  • Options
    rakemrakem Member Posts: 800
    what happens on June 23rd?
    CCIE# 38186
    showroute.net
  • Options
    SlowhandSlowhand Mod Posts: 5,161 Mod
    rakem wrote: »
    what happens on June 23rd?

That's the date when the CCNA Voice officially becomes the prerequisite for the CCVP certification. You'll be required to take the regular CCNA, then CCNA Voice, and the CCVP tests in order to become CCVP certified.

Free Microsoft Training: Microsoft Learn
    Free PowerShell Resources: Top PowerShell Blogs
    Free DevOps/Azure Resources: Visual Studio Dev Essentials

Let it never be said that I didn't do the very least I could do.