Options

Question

Danny0990Danny0990 Member Posts: 14 ■□□□□□□□□□
Good morning!

If someone would answer my question I'd greatly appreciate it. I'm going may 18th to take my CCNA exam for the first time and I can't help but think worst case scenero: I fail. What happens then? $250 dollars down the gutter or will be I entitled to a free retake?

Again, if someone could kindly answer this, I'd greatly appreciate it.

Comments

• Options
    tierstentiersten Member Posts: 4,505
    You lose your $250 as expected. Cisco occasionally do a "Comeback" promotion where you get a free retake if you fail your first test but it is only for people who are renewing their lapsed certificate.
  • Options
    nelnel Member Posts: 2,859 ■□□□□□□□□□
    tiersten wrote: »
    You lose your $250 as expected. Cisco occasionally do a "Comeback" promotion where you get a free retake if you fail your first test but it is only for people who are renewing their lapsed certificate.

I thought this to be the case too but i used their COMEBACK2009 code for my retake of the BCMSN and it came up with a grand price of £0...i was one happy bunny
    Xbox Live: Bring It On

Bsc (hons) Network Computing - 1st Class
    WIP: Msc advanced networking
  • Options
    tierstentiersten Member Posts: 4,505
    nel wrote: »
    I thought this to be the case too but i used their COMEBACK2009 code for my retake of the BCMSN and it came up with a grand price of £0...i was one happy bunny
    I guess they're not too picky. Can't hurt to give it a try anyway!

The requirements are supposed to be:
    * You earned a Cisco certification that has since lapsed and are trying to re-certify, and you fail the applicable test, OR
    * You have a current Cisco CCNA certification and are trying to gain a Voice, Security, or Wireless specialty certification, and you fail the applicable test.
  • Options
    adeeteeadeetee Member Posts: 79 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Danny0990 wrote: »
    Good morning!

If someone would answer my question I'd greatly appreciate it. I'm going may 18th to take my CCNA exam for the first time and I can't help but think worst case scenero: I fail. What happens then? $250 dollars down the gutter or will be I entitled to a free retake?

Again, if someone could kindly answer this, I'd greatly appreciate it.

You should be able to redeem the Comeback2009 offer.. I spoke with Pearson VUE customer support & they had verified that the offer is there.. ** they also said that they don't tell people who don't know about it, but those who know are more than welcome to redeem.

:)
    Wish List :
    CISSP...