Options

Xbox360 return?

AndretiiAndretii Member Posts: 210
I just bought an xbox360 but it came with the Falcon chip not the latest Jasper...

Is it worth it to go and try to exchange it or should I stick with it? icon_scratch.gif
XBL: Andretii

"I have 16 Millions different ways of pinging myself. Sounded kind of dirty but that's not how I meant it." J. Conrad

Working on:
VCP4 » 0%
LPIC-1 » 0%

Comments

• Options
    jibbajabbajibbajabba Member Posts: 4,317 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Andretii wrote: »
    I just bought an xbox360 but it came with the Falcon chip not the latest Jasper...

Is it worth it to go and try to exchange it or should I stick with it? icon_scratch.gif

Personally I wouldn't bother, both are 65nm CPUs. But the only way to identify the CPU is opening the xbox which makes the question redundant as you would have voided your warranty.

Anyway, the Falcon has basically a larger fan and powersupply as well where the Jasper has some internal 256MB flash memory ...

Like I say - I wouldn't bother. Might not be so easy to actually find a brand new one. Even a Elite one freshly delivered had "just" a Falcon .. As long as you don't have a Xenon or Zephyr I'd say enjoy :p:p
    My own knowledge base made public: http://open902.com :p
  • Options
    AndretiiAndretii Member Posts: 210
    Thanks.

Another friend is saying the same, that I shouldn't have problems with it, so I will give it a try.
    XBL: Andretii

"I have 16 Millions different ways of pinging myself. Sounded kind of dirty but that's not how I meant it." J. Conrad

Working on:
    VCP4 » 0%
    LPIC-1 » 0%