Options

Just got an email about job requirements

tdeantdean Member Posts: 520
"Produces reports of network performance" was the first item listed. Anyone have any idea what this means? how do you demonstrate the performance of a network via a report? i've used whatsup gold and a few others to monitor things for myself.... im guessing they have somehting in place that i could print out a weekly report and show events that may have exceeded a set threshold?

Comments

• Options
    SlowhandSlowhand Mod Posts: 5,161 Mod
    tdean wrote: »
    "Produces reports of network performance" was the first item listed. Anyone have any idea what this means? how do you demonstrate the performance of a network via a report? i've used whatsup gold and a few others to monitor things for myself.... im guessing they have somehting in place that i could print out a weekly report and show events that may have exceeded a set threshold?
    You're probably on the right track, but I would ask for clarification of what that means. Ask the management what these reports should cover, what they're looking for, and if there are any reporting tools already in place. Depending on the answers, you may have to use your best judgement and experience to deliver some consistent reports of how the network, (probably via key servers and switches/routers,) is doing on a weekly basis when compared against baselines and any known network issues.

Free Microsoft Training: Microsoft Learn
    Free PowerShell Resources: Top PowerShell Blogs
    Free DevOps/Azure Resources: Visual Studio Dev Essentials

Let it never be said that I didn't do the very least I could do.