Options

Failed

Robertb216Robertb216 Member Posts: 28 ■□□□□□□□□□
I can't believe it, I failed! With a 609. I passed the 290 without a problem, but this just went terrible. I did decent except for Configuring, managing and troubleshooting Security. Any suggestions??

Comments

• Options
    coldbugcoldbug Member Posts: 189
    take it again...i think Microsoft still has a promotion for 2nd trial/chance with no fees at all.
    so take that opportunity!
    dont give up! i know you wont
    when A+ exam had Hardware and Software, it took me 3 times to pass the Software exam.
    another thing is to study more and use more materials
    Good Luck on your 2nd trial!!
    "If you want to kick the tiger in his ass, you'd better have a plan for dealing with his teeth."
  • Options
    apoole15apoole15 Member Posts: 64 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Well, if it makes you feel any better (which it probably won't), I just got back from mine and failed too...

At least now I know the differences between the practice tests I've been using and the material they tested me on. Glad I got the 2nd chance and hopefully with a few weeks of additional studying I'll make it the next time around.

Good luck when you try again. I'm sure it'll be easier the next time.
  • Options
    motogpmanmotogpman Member Posts: 412
    Don't let it get you down. That test covers a lot of material, so some people think it is hard due to that. The ones who even have a lot of experience with XP even fail, there's a lot of stuff that you don't use everyday and when people go in over confident, they get bit. Not saying that was your case however.

The second shot expires June 30th, so you still have some time. Make sure to look for those posts here, it can be a little confusing at first on how to sign up and use the second shot, se be careful.

Hang in there and at least you know what areas to get stronger in!
    -WIP- (70-294 and 297)

Once MCSE 2k3 completed:

WGU: BS in IT, Design/Management

Finish MCITP:EA, CCNA, PMP by end of 2012

After that, take a much needed vacation!!!!!
  • Options
    aidan80aidan80 Member Posts: 147 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Keep at it, you'll get it in the end! I was almost sure I'd fail this and I've been using XP since it was released.. I've been using Windows since 95a (well a bit with 3.1 but the new 95 was out by then lol)... I've even worked for about 5 years as an IT Tech and still I thought I was going to fail.

Just drill it into your brain, do the practice tests, run through the labs. Focus on any areas you might be weak in e.g. security.. etc. Just keep at it, that's what I did and luckily in the end I passed.

Good Luck!
  • Options
    dsilenzidsilenzi Member Posts: 16 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Yes, its a tough one from experience and reading on the boards! When I took it had little on installing it and more on boot, go figure? Had a doz questions I was not comfortable with! Used Technotes & tests, Transcender, starting to use braindumps now! Keep the faith!
  • Options
    motogpmanmotogpman Member Posts: 412
    Uhm, I'm hoping that is a typo when you state you are now using braindumps. If not, I think you may be on the wrong forums, it is severely looked down upon here.
    -WIP- (70-294 and 297)

Once MCSE 2k3 completed:

WGU: BS in IT, Design/Management

Finish MCITP:EA, CCNA, PMP by end of 2012

After that, take a much needed vacation!!!!!