Options

SNAF exam question

mikearamamikearama Member Posts: 749
I've been trying to find an answer regarding the version of ASA that the test is based on, and I can't locate a definitive answer. I wonder, cause I've come across a NAT/PAT feature change that has me worried...

Prior to 8.0, NAT was unsupported in Transparent Mode. However, I just came across this page:
Cisco Security Appliance Command Line Configuration Guide, Version 8.0 - Configuring NAT [Cisco ASA 5500 Series Adaptive Security Appliances] - Cisco Systems

... that explains how NAT can be used and configured while in Transparent Mode.

The SNAF exam blueprint doesn't help:

https://cisco.hosted.jivesoftware.com/community/certifications/ccsp/snaf?view=overview

Preciate any thoughts. Really wouldn't know how to answer a question on this topic.
Mike
There are only 10 kinds of people... those who understand binary, and those that don't.

CCIE Studies: Written passed: Jan 21/12 Lab Prep: Hours reading: 385. Hours labbing: 110

Taking a time-out to add the CCVP. Capitalizing on a current IPT pilot project.

Comments

• Options
    APAAPA Member Posts: 959
    As far as I know it's based on Code 8.0 as I sat the PIX & ASA course just a few months before they were retiring that course\courseware..... they were hammering cross-referecing 7.0+ and 8.0 incase we were going onto to sit the SNAF & SNAF advanced courses\exams

CCNA | CCNA:Security | CCNP | CCIP
    JNCIA:JUNOS | JNCIA:EX | JNCIS:ENT | JNCIS:SEC
    JNCIS:SP | JNCIP:SP