Is it really that difficult?

ender419ender419 Member Posts: 10 ■□□□□□□□□□
I have looked through many post in the past two days and I see many people have stated that this exam is difficult or call the BEAST. I am just wondering why.

I have my exam scheduled for next May 22, 2009. I'm currently trying to get 1 cert a week. So far I have done this without a problem by just reviewing a few books and watching a couple of cbt videos.

I just took the 290 exam this week and realized it only had 44 questions. I was just wondering on average how many questions will be on the 291?

Comments

• AndretiiAndretii Member Posts: 210
    Link with quick information Free 70-291 Windows 2003 Network Infrastructure exam study material

Don't take 291 with only one week of study unless you have many years of experience. It is harder, complex, broader than 290 so take your time with this one.
    XBL: Andretii

"I have 16 Millions different ways of pinging myself. Sounded kind of dirty but that's not how I meant it." J. Conrad

Working on:
    VCP4 » 0%
    LPIC-1 » 0%
  • bpmufcbpmufc Member Posts: 16 ■□□□□□□□□□
    what was your exam score on the 290??

i'm looking to do the 291 in 3-4 weeks
  • leefdaddyleefdaddy Member Posts: 405
    There will be 48 questions on 291... atleast everyone I know that has taken it has had that many.
    Dustin Leefers
  • PsoasmanPsoasman Member Posts: 2,687 ■■■■■■■■■□
    I think I had around 45 questions on the exam. It is a hard test, mainly because of the massive amount of material you must know: DNS, DHCP, RRAS, IPSec, subnetting, etc.
  • ender419ender419 Member Posts: 10 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Thank You everyone for your input.

Andretti you are I believe you are definitely right if you don't have the experience to try it out but luckily for me I have nearly six years of system admin experience. But I will definitely keep that in mind as I begin to go through my studies.

BPMUFC I had a 850 on my 290.

Thank You Leefdaddy and Psoasman. I had a feeling that the number of questions was between 43 and 50. Just wanted to make sure I have everything prepared beforehand and know what I'm going to face.
  • Agent6376Agent6376 Member Posts: 201
    My exam had 50 questions with only one simulation. My advice would be to learn some of the things you probably dont use everyday as well. I had a good bit of command line questions that I wasnt familiar with, as well as DNS debugging questions too.

Good Luck!
  • mike4066mike4066 Member Posts: 5 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I took 70-291 on Saturday and passed with a week of study. It was 48 questions and took me a little bit less than 90 minutes. If you have the experience its not that difficult to setup and run one in a week. I would advise you to focus most on the topics that you don't use very often. I spent 2-3x as much time going over RRAS and IPSEC, and some of the other security policy stuff.

Tailor your training to the areas you are least familiar with.