Options

Passed with 945.

bjstickbjstick Member Posts: 18 ■□□□□□□□□□
My highest score so far. I had 5 sims and a few drag and drops. This test was a lot easier than the Transcender practice tests. The carry-over material from 70-291 also seemed to be present in a very simplified fashion. A fair amount of PKI and Clustering, so I'd advise spending the most time on those areas. Anyway, if you can get above 70% on the Transcender tests on your FIRST tries, you are golden.

Next up: 70-294!
Current Track: MCSE 2003: Security

80.0% complete. WIP: 70-299

Comments

• Options
    itdaddyitdaddy Member Posts: 2,089 ■■■■□□□□□□
    great job dude and thanks for the study infor. much appreciated...
    icon_cheers.gif
  • Options
    genXrcistgenXrcist Member Posts: 531
    Well done! Common denominator here seems to be Transcender. Great job!
    1) CCNP Goal: by August 2012
  • Options
    Daniel333Daniel333 Member Posts: 2,077 ■■■■■■□□□□
    Wow, that is an amazing score for any exam!
    -Daniel
  • Options
    Big JizayBig Jizay Member Posts: 269
    genXrcist wrote: »
    Well done! Common denominator here seems to be Transcender. Great job!

I noticed that too! I going to buy it, especially since Transcender dropped 50 bucks off of the original price.
    The only thing that can stop you is you

Currently studying for 70-293
  • Options
    PsoasmanPsoasman Member Posts: 2,687 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Nice score on the exam. Thanks for the tips.
  • Options
    motogpmanmotogpman Member Posts: 412
    Excellent score! Thanks for the info too.
    -WIP- (70-294 and 297)

Once MCSE 2k3 completed:

WGU: BS in IT, Design/Management

Finish MCITP:EA, CCNA, PMP by end of 2012

After that, take a much needed vacation!!!!!
  • Options
    NetAdmin2436NetAdmin2436 Member Posts: 1,076
    dang, nice score and congrats.
    WIP: CCENT/CCNA (.....probably)
  • Options
    bjstick wrote: »
    Anyway, if you can get above 70% on the Transcender tests on your FIRST tries, you are golden.

Next up: 70-294!

I took my 1st Transcender practice exam this weekend and got a 64%, getting closer. Thing is, there were a couple of DFS questions and some AD Design questions on it, neither of which were covered in my 293 study materials.

Did you see any of this?
  • Options
    FishOnAHFishOnAH Member Posts: 55 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I was getting in the 80% range on the Transcenders before getting my 628 on the exam. I am now getting in the upper 90% range, but its because I have most of the answers on the Transcender memorized, so now I am focusing on being able to explain to myself why the correct answer is correct and why in the incorrect answers are incorrect. I am also doubling up on NLB and PKI with a couple VM's I have setup. I've been out of town for about a week, so I plan to hit it this week/weekend and take the exam again sometime next week and hopefully get enough to take me over the top.
  • Options
    dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    genXrcist wrote: »
    Thing is, there were a couple of DFS questions and some AD Design questions on it, neither of which were covered in my 293 study materials.

That's why we always stress using multiple resources. You'll always come across something new when you add another one (although there are obviously diminishing returns). I usually get exposed to a lot of new material via Transcender (mostly because my mind wanders while reading the book or watching CBTs -- I really have to focus on it with practice exams).
  • Options
    dynamik wrote: »
    That's why we always stress using multiple resources. You'll always come across something new when you add another one (although there are obviously diminishing returns). I usually get exposed to a lot of new material via Transcender (mostly because my mind wanders while reading the book or watching CBTs -- I really have to focus on it with practice exams).

Granted but the AD design questions are on the 70-294 exam & I don't see DFS anywhere on the MS 70-293 exam site.
    http://www.microsoft.com/learning/en/us/exams/70-293.mspx

Just wondering why it's there I guess.