Options

Cisco WS-C2950G-24-EI Catalyst 2950 GBIC Switch

Santucci4Santucci4 Member Posts: 10 ■□□□□□□□□□
I just bought these switches on eBay so that I can start configuring vlans and playing with rapid-spanning tree more. Well, first the switches were never cleared of their production configs, but that is expected, so i put the switch back to factory defaults and it is up and running. I then went into global config mode to start the rapid spanning tree mode; but to my surprise, it isn't there. Please tell me that I didn't purchase the wrong switch!!!! Do I just have to upgrade the ios that is currently on there?

Comments

• Options
    captobviouscaptobvious Member Posts: 648
    Santucci4 wrote: »
    I just bought these switches on eBay so that I can start configuring vlans and playing with rapid-spanning tree more. Well, first the switches were never cleared of their production configs, but that is expected, so i put the switch back to factory defaults and it is up and running. I then went into global config mode to start the rapid spanning tree mode; but to my surprise, it isn't there. Please tell me that I didn't purchase the wrong switch!!!! Do I just have to upgrade the ios that is currently on there?

It's possible. Check Understanding Rapid Spanning Tree Protocol (802.1w) The first table shows the minimum requirements for IOS. icon_thumright.gif