Options

The beast slapped me 677

rlebahrlebah Member Posts: 26 ■□□□□□□□□□
I wanted to take advantage of second shot so I scheduled the test in an earlier stage of preparation expecting to have the beast leave me for dead the first round and giving myself 6 weeks to prepare for the rematch. I always knew to respect the beast and with that respect came such a nervousness lol (I think halfway through the test I finally calmed down)

I did like the wording of the test, straight-forward. Study wsus 3.0. I am crushed would have rather done worse than so close to a pass. I looked up some of the answers and could have cried why did I change it!

All in All for being Desktop Support and relying on Testout, Cbt, Written Material and Virtual Server I am happy. With Microsoft exams I feel after you pass the test you actually know how to support the items you tested on. Ok not as someone with years of hands-on but I seen some other test takers pass a non microsoft test and not be able to apply the knowledge. It was like they memorized all the terms but could not handle a real time incident. Before I started this track I could not tell you dns from dhcp now I can partcipate with the admin staff and even point something out.

Any thoughts?

and

Since I was so close and have limited time any suggestions. I assume go over each section quizzes and whatever I score low on review and than concentrate on the final exams by taking the them and knowing why each answer is wrong. Its not like you get the same test but I assume they dont have an endless amount of questions to pull from. Finally is it just me or do you hate it when they ask you questions and you have to know the specfic path to the file ie c:\system\system32\dns (I wish there was a letter e: I will google it when I need to know)

Any input is appreciated!

Comments

• Options
    PsoasmanPsoasman Member Posts: 2,687 ■■■■■■■■■□
    I would spend some time studying the areas you scored low on, focus on those. Now that you have taken the exam, you won' be fooled by the format.
  • Options
    mikedisd2mikedisd2 Member Posts: 1,096 ■■■■■□□□□□
    rlebah wrote: »
    Finally is it just me or do you hate it when they ask you questions and you have to know the specfic path to the file ie c:\system\system32\dns (I wish there was a letter e: I will google it when I need to know)

Even worse is when they put in reg keys hacks as options. Who's going to know that or attempt it without checking Technet first??
  • Options
    neathneathneathneathneathneath Member Posts: 438
    It seems you are nearly there, bad luck.

Just concentrate on your weaker topics - see your exam print-out.

I also found that Trancenders test got me over the finishing line safe.
    Not cheap but worthwhile.
  • Options
    AforeverAforever Member Posts: 13 ■□□□□□□□□□
    You nearly did it anyway. Keep it up!!!!