Options

New to the CCNP

AngrysmileyfaceAngrysmileyface Member Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
Its time to start my CCNP and have decided to go with the BCMSN test as the first. I am currently reading the 4th Edition book and am trying to figure out what the resources are to do the lab sims (I have 3 3550's and a 2950, as well as a 3640 and a 3620) or some other form of help. If anyone knows the best approach to this, I would be greatful.

Comments

• Options
    szmarcekszmarcek Member Posts: 33 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I am currently preparing for BCMSN as well. My home lab consists of only 1x3550 EMI (due to budget restrictions icon_lol.gif), 1z2950T, 2x2950, 857w and aironet 1200 (two last are for wireless topics which I have not touched yeticon_rolleyes.gif).

If those 3x3550 are EMI I think you will be more than ok (in fact you could probably use it for a good CCIE switching lab, correct me if I am wrong)
  • Options
    nelnel Member Posts: 2,859 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Its time to start my CCNP and have decided to go with the BCMSN test as the first. I am currently reading the 4th Edition book and am trying to figure out what the resources are to do the lab sims (I have 3 3550's and a 2950, as well as a 3640 and a 3620) or some other form of help. If anyone knows the best approach to this, I would be greatful.

I used similar hardware for my bcmsn studies so that will be enough. Any routing can be done with dynamips.

CHeck out the FAQ for all of the answers to these types of questions for each exam: http://www.techexams.net/forums/ccnp/29122-ccnp-faq-please-read-before-posting.html
    Xbox Live: Bring It On

Bsc (hons) Network Computing - 1st Class
    WIP: Msc advanced networking
  • Options
    AngrysmileyfaceAngrysmileyface Member Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I guess my question really isnt about equipment, but about the labs themselves. Does anyone know where I can obtain the literature for the labs, things to practice etc for BCMSN
  • Options
    mikej412mikej412 Member Posts: 10,086 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Does anyone know where I can obtain the literature for the labs, things to practice etc for BCMSN
    The first place to check would be the exam blue prints. Any configure, verify, troubleshoot, etc task is an obvious "hands on" task.

A bunch of people have used the Cisco Press Lab Portfolio books for the CCNP exams. Those are the Cisco Network Academy CCNP Class Labs, so they may not come with the answers :D
    :mike: Cisco Certifications -- Collect the Entire Set!