Options

what should i buy for my cisco lab

linux44linux44 Member Posts: 38 ■■□□□□□□□□
hi
I want to buy some cisco switch and router that can helo me obtain my ccnp and CCIE
last week i bought 2 router(2611,2620) but dissapointed with the as they are not supporting ssh and 1 switch(2950)

this is my current lab

2x2501
2x1924en
1x2924
2x1603
1x2611
1x2620
1x1800 router

as 1924 command is outdated , i am using 2924 and 2950 as my main switch by that i mean for practicing spt or vlan or vtp

but i want to buy another switch that is not so expensive and can take me all the way to ccie and support most new feature

can any one please give me some suggestion about what else would i need to add to my lab and what sitch and router could take me all the way to CCIE

any help appreciate it

tnx

Comments

• Options
    poguepogue Member Posts: 213
    Didn't you ask this before?

And weren't you told to not be worrying about CCIE right now?

I'm pretty sure it was you, but I may be wrong... icon_smile.gif

Russ
    Currently working on: CCNA:Security
    Up next: CCNA:Voice
  • Options
    it might have been me ,i am not sure?
    but my point is that i do not want to keep buying a switch and router ad end up having bunch of them

just a quick question
    which one of the following switch would u recommand to buy
    cisco 3524 or 2950?
    and why 3550 is much more expensive in compare with 3524, is it becuse it support layer 3 switching?
  • Options
    tierstentiersten Member Posts: 4,505
    linux44 wrote: »
    but i want to buy another switch that is not so expensive and can take me all the way to ccie and support most new feature
    2950 or 3550. You'll need at least 1 3550 for CCNP.
    can any one please give me some suggestion about what else would i need to add to my lab and what sitch and router could take me all the way to CCIE
    You already asked that before and received several replies. Get your CCNA before even thinking about CCIE.
    which one of the following switch would u recommand to buy
    cisco 3524 or 2950?
    and why 3550 is much more expensive in compare with 3524, is it becuse it support layer 3 switching?
    3550 supports L3, it is newer (but not latest) and part of most CCNP+ labs.
  • Options
    You already asked that before and received several replies. Get your CCNA before even thinking about CCIE.

dude i passed my ccna on 10/08

hehe:)
  • Options
    tierstentiersten Member Posts: 4,505
    dude i passed my ccna on 10/08

hehe:)
    You posted 6 days ago that you were looking to do your CCNA still...
  • Options
    it might have been a mistype
  • Options
    KaminskyKaminsky Member Posts: 1,235
    Read the faq posts but also read Wendell Odum's blog on NetworkWorld. This will give you a better idea of where to direct your money.

I've noticed on ebay that the L3 3550s are dropping like a stone in price. In fact, so much Cisco kit is falling in price on ebay these days as money gets tighter and people are concentrating on bear minimums and getting rid of non essential lab equipment.
    Kam.
  • Options
    Kaminsky wrote: »
    Read the faq posts but also read Wendell Odum's blog on NetworkWorld. This will give you a better idea of where to direct your money.

I've noticed on ebay that the L3 3550s are dropping like a stone in price. In fact, so much Cisco kit is falling in price on ebay these days as money gets tighter and people are concentrating on bear minimums and getting rid of non essential lab equipment.

I haven't seen a 3550 EMI going for less than about $240 for the last week.. Wendell Odom has a CCNP Lab build for $750 that has a 3550 EMI for $210.. Haven't see the chance to pick it up for that cheap, but I haven't been looking long.

Should I just be patient?

Russ
  • Options
    blackninjablackninja Member Posts: 385
    Currently studying:
    CCIE R&S - using INE workbooks & videos

Currently reading:
    Everything. Twice ;)
  • Options
    well i might need help at some stage cause it is only the theory that i have learned and i have not been working in industry so could u please shu.... and try to help people instead of been funny to them
  • Options
    linux44 wrote:
    are u trying to say that tcp is part of ip ?

He might be a CCNA......

Just not a very GOOD CCNA..... icon_smile.gif

Methinks I doth smelleth some posing, forsooth and truly!

Russ
  • Options
    Dude,

Honestly... Judging by my quote just above, you don't even have the THEORY down.

I honestly believe if you DO in fact have your CCNA, you braindumped your way though it. I mean, knowing the difference between SSH and Telnet is a CORE fundamental of being a CCNA. In almost every CCNA study guide I have ever read, it strongly suggests that you use SSH to connect to routers, and not Telnet. And it thoroughly EXPLAINS the difference between the two!

No offense, but with the questions you are asking, if you do have your CCNA, if you get a job working with routers in a production environment, you are gonna seriously f*** up someone's network...

At the very least, if I were you.. I would immediately stop any studying along the Cisco track and go certify in Network+ before continuing.

Just my opinion. icon_smile.gif

Russ
  • Options
    yes i have asked that question and there is still so many other question about tcp and udp and staff like that ,that i have read it the time i was passing my ccna but i dont remember them as lack of practice or because i have never used it

at least i am confessing that there is always something that i wouldnt necceserly know
    so stfu
  • Options
    luke_bibbyluke_bibby Member Posts: 162
    I thought telnet and SSH were the same thing ;)?
  • Options
    i know the diffrence between ssh and telnet ,my problem was i had set the ssh up but i was trying to telnet to the router and it was stupid mistake
    could u please tell me what r u trying to achive by been funny to me pogue
  • Options
    i know the diffrence between ssh and telnet ,my problem was i had set the ssh up but i was trying to telnet to the router and it was stupid mistake
    could u please tell me what r u trying to achive by been funny to me pogue

Well..I guess since you are asking questions that are answered right there in your study guide, and that you've learned before but obviously have forgotten...

I guess I am asking you to stop studying for the CCNP, and open your CCNA book again and relearn everything that you've forgotten, instead of asking us to teach you everything you are already supposed to know as a CCNA.

icon_smile.gif

Russ
  • Options
    ok will do dude:) hehe
    i am not asking u to teach me and dont want u to teach me because i might have some weekneses but defenitly i wouldnt ask for help from u so from now on whenever u saw my post ,can i please politly ask u not to post any comment or answer because i prefer not to know the answer instead of finding the answer out from some one like u
  • Options
    ok will do dude:) hehe
    i am not asking u to teach me and dont want u to teach me because i might have some weekneses but defenitly i wouldnt ask for help from u so from now on whenever u saw my post ,can i please politly ask u not to post any comment or answer because i prefer not to know the answer instead of finding the answer out from some one like u

Okay..Your question was, can you politely ask me to refrain from commenting or answering....

I'll have to refrain from answering whether I will or not... icon_smile.gificon_smile.gificon_smile.gif

Russ
  • Options
    miller811miller811 Member Posts: 897
    Dudes. it sounds like the two of you need to be put in time out.

This should be a place a improve your skills, not show you a@@....
    I don't claim to be an expert, but I sure would like to become one someday.

Quest for 11K pages read in 2011
    Page Count total to date - 1283
  • Options
    mikej412mikej412 Member Posts: 10,086 ■■■■■■■■■■
    miller811 wrote: »
    Dudes. it sounds like the two of you need to be put in time out.
    Good Idea! icon_thumright.gif
    :mike: Cisco Certifications -- Collect the Entire Set!
This discussion has been closed.