Ethernet Standards
IP Addressing
Subnetting
The IOS - configuring switches and routers
WANS - Routing protocols and configs
WLANS - Standards and installation
Security - Physical and Logical
Troubleshooting - Show and Debug commands

is there anything that any of you can add?

I am getting worried as I am consistently scoring %70-%80 on trainsignal, MCMCSE and cisco practice questions. Though I think sometimes I am being tripped up by the wording.

I am worried as often I am thrown by a random question - for example saw one "what does an amber light on the PWR lite on a Router XXX mean?" - I HAD NO IDEA gah!
Leave the monkies alone! They've got problems enough as it is!

Comments

• Options
    poguepogue Member Posts: 213
    Well....... Lemme just put it like this.

The day before I passed my CCENT (Last Monday), I scored a perfect 1000 on a simulated 45 question exam in the Boson test sim that comes with the CiscoPress CCENT study guide, and I ended up scoring 916 on the real thing.

I have a 5 router, 4 switch lab at home that I practiced the commands on. You just need to make sure your are comfortable with WHY routing works between routers, and how to configure it..

And you need to be very comfortable with the whole switching process. How does a switch forward frames? What does it rely on to forward one frame out one port, and one out another?

And remember in your study guide where it says stuff like "If this mode is not available, then use this or that show command..."? Well, let's just say I STRONGLY recommend you pay close attention to those portions of your study guide. icon_smile.gif

Russ
    Currently working on: CCNA:Security
    Up next: CCNA:Voice
  • Options
    sixarmsixarm Member Posts: 17 ■□□□□□□□□□
    pogue wrote: »
    And remember in your study guide where it says stuff like "If this mode is not available, then use this or that show command..."? Well, let's just say I STRONGLY recommend you pay close attention to those portions of your study guide. icon_smile.gif

Russ

This!

I passed my CCENT a few Fridays back and I didn't expect alot of the sims to give such scenarios.