Options

Visio Shapes/Icons

ptlinvaptlinva Member Posts: 125
Hi Everyone,

I'm trying to create some of my home labs in Visio. At first, I went and downloaded visio shapes/icons from Cisco and other places. However, I've yet to find the standard switch icon that I'm used to seeing in the training videos that I'm watching.

The one I'm looking for is the square one with (4) arrows - two are pointing one way and the other two are pointing in the opposite direction.

I finally did find one but's it's a different color than the other shapes I have and it looks as if its aspect ratio is out of whack.

Did Cisco change the default icon in the last year or so? My video tutorials show the shape I mentioned above but I can't find it on the page located at...

Products & Services Visio Stencils - Cisco Systems

All I need for now is a router and switch shapes look professional and match.

Thanks in advance for your time and consideration.
-Paul

Comments

• Options
    SlowhandSlowhand Mod Posts: 5,161 Mod
    The trick with the stencils Cisco provides is that there isn't any particular metadata attached to them, they're just blank icons with particular names or images. You can grab any generic-looking router or switch icon and use it, which is what a lot of us do. Creating data in the background, like for labels of names, IP addresses, etc., has to be done by hand.

Free Microsoft Training: Microsoft Learn
    Free PowerShell Resources: Top PowerShell Blogs
    Free DevOps/Azure Resources: Visual Studio Dev Essentials

Let it never be said that I didn't do the very least I could do.